Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's a Zero!

Great news today from the Mayo labs. My last biopsy, taken Monday the 15th, showed zero rejection! This allows the Drs. to move me to a less toxic regimen of drugs. This will primarily save my kidneys and cut back on the potential for plaque buildup in my arteries. Also it implies that they will not have to be so biased towards anti rejection and can concentrate a little more on infection control. Thanks so much for your prayers.

I have also been notified that I am stong enough to get back to some kind of work, so now the search begins to find a position that I can do at FedEx that will not be too hard on me or the family. I continue you to covet your prayers in this regard. I have a couple of months to get this accomplished before I must make a final decision. In the mean time I will be working much harder to get my body back into the physical shape I need to keep up with a daily active job.

Although there are still a number of potential problems ahead, I feel that a great load has been lifted off my shoulders, and that the hope of a more normal life ahead is more sure than ever.

Thanks be to God for His gracious and merciful Kindness!
Loren

7 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Yay!

8/16/2005 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's splendid news.

8/16/2005 02:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord....... Roger and I are sooo happy for you. From the photos that Becky has posted, I see a huge difference...for the good. You look like a different person!

Luv you both,
Shirley from Alabama

8/16/2005 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Hi Shirley!

*blows kisses and hugs towards Alabama*

8/17/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

That's incredible news! I'm so glad to hear that!

8/18/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger MoM said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.....Great news. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Will still keep you in our prayers.

8/18/2005 10:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news!
:) Erin (GA Hoyt)

8/19/2005 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home