WOW...was that close
Not that anyone TOLD me, but I did have in mind a general deadline of early March for registering the younger kids for the Iowa Test of Basic Skills...
And then, not having a phone number handy, it only took 3 tries to find an online website, so as to get the number...
Whereupon I called them and found the deadline was passed....
But was given another number of the "head guy's" office in Marshalltown....
"Hi. My name is ***** ******. This is Wednesday and I will be out of town for the rest of the week....
(well THAT'S convenient....*glares into phone*....)
...but you can reach my secretary at extention ****...."
And so I had to make the call a-again...
Catching his secretary approximately 15 minutes before she left for the day/week BUT JUST IN TIME SINCE SHE WAS ORDERING THE TESTS FIRST THING MONDAY!
So, we're in.
And now I have to go work at the church so we can pay for the gas to take the kids to testing at the end of the month which will take two days at a destination an hour away and isn't it nice that we can fulfill our state's requirements to homeschool PLUS pay state taxes on top of that?
Tweet
And then, not having a phone number handy, it only took 3 tries to find an online website, so as to get the number...
Whereupon I called them and found the deadline was passed....
But was given another number of the "head guy's" office in Marshalltown....
"Hi. My name is ***** ******. This is Wednesday and I will be out of town for the rest of the week....
(well THAT'S convenient....*glares into phone*....)
...but you can reach my secretary at extention ****...."
And so I had to make the call a-again...
Catching his secretary approximately 15 minutes before she left for the day/week BUT JUST IN TIME SINCE SHE WAS ORDERING THE TESTS FIRST THING MONDAY!
So, we're in.
And now I have to go work at the church so we can pay for the gas to take the kids to testing at the end of the month which will take two days at a destination an hour away and isn't it nice that we can fulfill our state's requirements to homeschool PLUS pay state taxes on top of that?
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home