Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Another 20 something

So, Jason is now 20 years old. We even celebrated on the correct day! That makes two birthdays in a row that we got right and maybe that's why I'm so tired. One of these days I really need to get a vacation...

Jason picked out Mexican Chicken, Tortilla Roll-ups and Applesauce for his meal, with Raisin Cream Pie for dessert :-)

Wasn't it nice that Sharon was home to make the pies for poor ol' Ma? I just love it when the stars align for my benefit.

We opted not to destroy the artistic beauty of the meringue by sticking 20 candles in it.
But what does one DO without candles to blow out?

(picture turned out blurry) Another T-shirt, this time with a Shakespearean phrase.
Can anyone guess what it says? (can anyone tell me what this language is?)

Ooooo, another Michael Crichton Book, Timeline.


DVD of The Bridge On the River Kwai
This counts as TWO gifts, since it was more expensive than I'd imagined an old movie would be, even a classic. Wonder how long it'll take him to recognize one of the main characters...

I love this movie. My dad used to have us watch it whenever it was on TV. Gotta pass on the tradition :-) (you will love it, Jason, and that's an order)

From the picture, Trevor looks excited ("No Trevor...it's not about 'Godzilwa'").

Ethan seemed to be dislocating a cheek, but he's fine now. Talks as much as ever.

'Fraid that's it for pictures. Ma saw another Bald Eagle while out shopping this afternoon, but he flew to a stand of trees too far away to get a good photo.

Someday. Someday I will realize my dream of getting away for 3 or 4 days, staying at a motel ALL BY MYSELF, going out for hikes in the woods by day, eating a nice dinner in the early evening, followed by a show somewhere.

Only 12 1/2 years until Trevor goes off to college...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home