Events
Concerning the Olympics, could that race of Phelps last night have been any more exciting?
I still can't quite believe he won. (frame by frame finish)
Of course the two American gymnasts winning gold and silver in the woman's all-around were spectacular. 'Spose I don't need to remind people that Shawn Johnson comes from Iowa?
:-D
I've tried hard not to make a big deal about it, but hey...
SHE COME'S FROM IOWA, fer cryin' out loud!
I have to say though, the grace and beauty of Nastia Liukin was simply exquistite. She certainly deserved the gold medal.
The gymnastic outcome on Thursday night helped negate the frustration of perceived underscoring and 'youthful' Chinese gymnasts.
______________
Today I will finish up work at the church (two hours) and then come home to a boys' bedroom cleaning project.
Jason arrives Sunday night for one week before heading down to college, and I want to remove several sources of allergens. Namely, a old floor rug that was here when we bought the house, and about....oh....5 years of dust.
Burning the rug--and who knows HOW many years of buildup--should produce a nice black cloud, but I figure it will smell no worse than the local hog lots and the recent omnipresent crop dusters.
Even more perilous than releasing the dust of ancient civilizations into the air....we are dangerously close to running out of chocolate! Somehow I must find the strength to hang on until Monday and shopping.
Until then, I shall eventually be forced to 'slum it' with cheap grocery store chocolate chips.
Imagine, cheap chocolate chips...known for the spread of disappointment in their tiny, drop-like wakes.
Oh, the inhumanity.
{Update...UPDATE! Loren had to run into town and brought back a bag of chocolate!!}
*weeps with relief*
Tweet
I still can't quite believe he won. (frame by frame finish)
Of course the two American gymnasts winning gold and silver in the woman's all-around were spectacular. 'Spose I don't need to remind people that Shawn Johnson comes from Iowa?
:-D
I've tried hard not to make a big deal about it, but hey...
SHE COME'S FROM IOWA, fer cryin' out loud!
I have to say though, the grace and beauty of Nastia Liukin was simply exquistite. She certainly deserved the gold medal.
The gymnastic outcome on Thursday night helped negate the frustration of perceived underscoring and 'youthful' Chinese gymnasts.
______________
Today I will finish up work at the church (two hours) and then come home to a boys' bedroom cleaning project.
Jason arrives Sunday night for one week before heading down to college, and I want to remove several sources of allergens. Namely, a old floor rug that was here when we bought the house, and about....oh....5 years of dust.
Burning the rug--and who knows HOW many years of buildup--should produce a nice black cloud, but I figure it will smell no worse than the local hog lots and the recent omnipresent crop dusters.
Even more perilous than releasing the dust of ancient civilizations into the air....we are dangerously close to running out of chocolate! Somehow I must find the strength to hang on until Monday and shopping.
Until then, I shall eventually be forced to 'slum it' with cheap grocery store chocolate chips.
Imagine, cheap chocolate chips...known for the spread of disappointment in their tiny, drop-like wakes.
Oh, the inhumanity.
{Update...UPDATE! Loren had to run into town and brought back a bag of chocolate!!}
*weeps with relief*
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
But the winner comes from Dallas. In fact, the same gym that the winner 4 years ago came from.
I am willing to grant you that :-)
The QUESTION is: could Nastia Liukin have been even better had she grown up in Iowa eating good ol' pork chops...
Hmmm?
This is where it would be great if there really were alternative universes and we could somehow cross into that one to find out.
Post a Comment
<< Home