Voting Adventures With Ma
November 4th dawned bright and sunny at the Hoyt Homestead. A harbinger of good things, or foul?
*shudders*
Mr. Ma seemed quite anxious to vote, so Ma hurried her young slackers through their breakfast. After all, they wanted to come along!
Ah....this looks like the right place!
The lines seem even longer than usual.
But what is this? No cameras! Oh catastrophe...
Ma will not be able to chronicle her experiences.
*voting, while the four youngest sit sedately in folding chairs*
Life goes on, in rural Iowa. Farmers harvest and carry grain to the elevator.
One almost has the feeling that those big city politicians have no idea what real life is like....and they don't.
*insert Ma's proposition that all people holding public office should be made to clean bathrooms, once a week, to help engender sympathy for the masses*
As the minivan maneuvers its way out of town, a man who has noticed the four children comes over and offers a bag of candy...
WOW! We can hardly wait until the next election!
This next picture could be symbolic of several things:
1) the empty promises of politicians, 2) the empty (and helpless) feeling one experiences after voting, or 3) it could just be a purdy barn that Ma likes :-D
All over but the crying. Ma proudly displays her "I voted" sticker.
It's a retro "Americana" color scheme, and goes with so many more outfits than the old sticker. Ma gives it a 'thumbs up.'
And that's all...
...of Voting Adventures With Ma...
Tweet
*shudders*
Mr. Ma seemed quite anxious to vote, so Ma hurried her young slackers through their breakfast. After all, they wanted to come along!
Ah....this looks like the right place!
But what is this? No cameras! Oh catastrophe...
*voting, while the four youngest sit sedately in folding chairs*
Life goes on, in rural Iowa. Farmers harvest and carry grain to the elevator.
*insert Ma's proposition that all people holding public office should be made to clean bathrooms, once a week, to help engender sympathy for the masses*
As the minivan maneuvers its way out of town, a man who has noticed the four children comes over and offers a bag of candy...
This next picture could be symbolic of several things:
All over but the crying. Ma proudly displays her "I voted" sticker.
It's a retro "Americana" color scheme, and goes with so many more outfits than the old sticker. Ma gives it a 'thumbs up.'
And that's all...
...of Voting Adventures With Ma...
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
*sigh* I kinda missed that small-town atmosphere as I voted today. Thankfully my line wasn't as long as the A-K line (*yes* for a married name!!). And I most definitely used plenty anti-bacterial hand gel - in the Vanilla Noel scent :) that I bought as I got off work today at Bath and Body - after I voted!!
Post a Comment
<< Home