'Tis Done
Approximately 75 Christmas cards were dropped off at the local post office, this afternoon.
Since Nolan had put on 60 stamps at our house, I took my faithful sidekick, Trevor, to the place of postal purchase, so he could put on the last 15 stamps.
If someone looks very carefully, they MIGHT determine this to be their card :-p
Then it was time for the solemn dropping of the envelopes. There was a hushed silence from all the postal patrons who were present...
...which was basically Trevor and myself.
I had mollified potential hard feelings by allowing those youngish ones left at home to watch Moe and the Big Exit. (what? you think this big family stuff is easy?)
On the way home, we saw a sight oft repeated over the past few days...
...a red combine traversing the roads. Amidst snow.
'Tis a puzzle. Perhaps someone of a local nature can fill poor Ma in on the "whys" and "wherefores." I mean, it doesn't SEEM as though there are still fields to be harvested, but I don't know...
I was thinkin' it might be a new form of homeland security, but hey, I'm just a Ma.
___________
In other news, Ethan and I sweated buckets, figuratively speaking, by shoveling out practically THE ENTIRE DRIVEWAY this morning. It's going to take weeks for my left elbow to recover. The lurking migraine shouldn't last quite that long.
And people wonder why I eat chocolate...
Tweet
Since Nolan had put on 60 stamps at our house, I took my faithful sidekick, Trevor, to the place of postal purchase, so he could put on the last 15 stamps.
Then it was time for the solemn dropping of the envelopes. There was a hushed silence from all the postal patrons who were present...
I had mollified potential hard feelings by allowing those youngish ones left at home to watch Moe and the Big Exit. (what? you think this big family stuff is easy?)
On the way home, we saw a sight oft repeated over the past few days...
'Tis a puzzle. Perhaps someone of a local nature can fill poor Ma in on the "whys" and "wherefores." I mean, it doesn't SEEM as though there are still fields to be harvested, but I don't know...
I was thinkin' it might be a new form of homeland security, but hey, I'm just a Ma.
___________
In other news, Ethan and I sweated buckets, figuratively speaking, by shoveling out practically THE ENTIRE DRIVEWAY this morning. It's going to take weeks for my left elbow to recover. The lurking migraine shouldn't last quite that long.
And people wonder why I eat chocolate...
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Wow, you and Trevor risked life and limb on those snowy roads to send me a Christmas card!! Yay!
I knew you'd figure it out, Thainamu :-D
Post a Comment
<< Home