Behind, but Getting Closer
Posting is getting to be an issue, these last weeks, but we have made progress in the garden!
First, however, allow me to share some good news about Derek: he was accepted into the honors program at LeTourneau!
That's my 9 pound, 14 ounce baby!
I can now officially forgive him for that difficult birth after which I could hardly walk and Ardith had to put on my shoes and tie them for me.
This means that Derek gets to take some alternate classes for some the general ed requirements, and that when he gets into the last years, he will have some interesting courses that tend toward more interaction and debate. Right up his alley.
He's looking forward to it.
______________
On the car front, we have "several" vehicles and right about now, almost half of them work properly.
Jason's "new" car had some oil leakage problems when Kendra drove it out from Indiana, so Loren's been working on that...in the meantime, the little blue (and formerly) dependable Toyota that Jason took down to Cedar Rapids has bitten the dust and Ardith is driving him to work.
Loren has redoubled his efforts on Jason's car and mentioned this evening with genuine gladness, "I got the part off!" I believe this was after he'd discovered Napa had given him two wrong parts...
The mechanical failures continue, as my beautiful Green Dragon Lady Lincoln would not start for me, even with two attempts at spraying starter fluid down it's windpipe.
I took Loren's car instead, and I must say it was nice to have air conditioning again, as the green Lincoln DOES NOT.
I don't know if we'll ever get all these ridiculous hunks of metal completely functional, but it sure is nice to have something to whine about, I always say.
________________
On the "getting dirty front," Carolyn dug her bed and planted her cucumbers, today. This was after she had done her share of making the bread, which one generally likes to do before getting one's hands in the soil, though kneading dough IS an excellent way to clean out the crevices, heh, heh.
ANYWAY, Ma also got some more weeding and spiffing up done, which included moving a few rocks hither and yon. I don't know why digging and planting and messing with rocks is so much fun, but it is! Unfortunately, it often demands taking two showers per day, especially if you come home from church on Sunday and plant a bean bed, beets and more corn before going back for evening service.
Most of the garden is IN, and I can concentrate on degrassing, changing the garden's shape, relocating rocks and scoping out tree planting projects to compensate for Loren's lumberjacking tendencies.
Go ahead. Make my day.
I'll just plant more stuff.
Tweet
First, however, allow me to share some good news about Derek: he was accepted into the honors program at LeTourneau!
That's my 9 pound, 14 ounce baby!
I can now officially forgive him for that difficult birth after which I could hardly walk and Ardith had to put on my shoes and tie them for me.
This means that Derek gets to take some alternate classes for some the general ed requirements, and that when he gets into the last years, he will have some interesting courses that tend toward more interaction and debate. Right up his alley.
He's looking forward to it.
______________
On the car front, we have "several" vehicles and right about now, almost half of them work properly.
Jason's "new" car had some oil leakage problems when Kendra drove it out from Indiana, so Loren's been working on that...in the meantime, the little blue (and formerly) dependable Toyota that Jason took down to Cedar Rapids has bitten the dust and Ardith is driving him to work.
Loren has redoubled his efforts on Jason's car and mentioned this evening with genuine gladness, "I got the part off!" I believe this was after he'd discovered Napa had given him two wrong parts...
The mechanical failures continue, as my beautiful Green Dragon Lady Lincoln would not start for me, even with two attempts at spraying starter fluid down it's windpipe.
I took Loren's car instead, and I must say it was nice to have air conditioning again, as the green Lincoln DOES NOT.
I don't know if we'll ever get all these ridiculous hunks of metal completely functional, but it sure is nice to have something to whine about, I always say.
________________
On the "getting dirty front," Carolyn dug her bed and planted her cucumbers, today. This was after she had done her share of making the bread, which one generally likes to do before getting one's hands in the soil, though kneading dough IS an excellent way to clean out the crevices, heh, heh.
ANYWAY, Ma also got some more weeding and spiffing up done, which included moving a few rocks hither and yon. I don't know why digging and planting and messing with rocks is so much fun, but it is! Unfortunately, it often demands taking two showers per day, especially if you come home from church on Sunday and plant a bean bed, beets and more corn before going back for evening service.
Most of the garden is IN, and I can concentrate on degrassing, changing the garden's shape, relocating rocks and scoping out tree planting projects to compensate for Loren's lumberjacking tendencies.
Go ahead. Make my day.
I'll just plant more stuff.
Tweet

The Progeny
8 Comments:
Oh NO!! My car died?
Mommy, I'm glad you're getting in so many outdoors hours. Speaking of home and homemade bread, that is one of the things I miss most... truly homemade bread, with the little flecks of brown.
Excuse me, YOUR car??
What do you call that white THING sitting outside of your place?
Boy, somebody has a hard time letting go....
Kendra
Excuse me, "that white THING"?
Better be careful or somecar's feelings are going to get hurt.
I don't have a hard time letting go... I have a hard time turning off affection for things and people that used to be closer.
So in other words you were emotionally attached to that Toyota...
Nope, just attached.
There. Aren't you glad you talked that out?
Yeah. I feel better. Don't you, K?
K??! My sister just called me K?
I guess I'll make you an allowance this one time, Sharon. Don't feel bad--I realize people do start becoming forgetful in their old age.
*smirks*
As for feeling better, I don't recall feeling bad in the first place. After all---it was Sharon who was having such a hard time letting go...
Post a Comment
<< Home