Big, Big Plans, Afoot
Ma and Pa are going away for ye olde anniversarye!
Actually, Loren hates being called "Pa," so I take that back...
Anyway, the 29th year is coming up on the 5th, so we's a goin' down south, a coupla hours.
Kendra will look after the kids and she's already honing her management skills by threatening to put everyone to bed by 7:00 and banEthan people from talking.
I'm sure they'll all get along fine, heh, heh.
Loren has the hotel booked and I've scoped out 4, count 'em, FOUR Goodwill stores in the surrounding area :-)
Can you say heaven?
There are nearby state parks for hiking and movie theaters for vegging and even an Arts Festival down in Iowa City for Arting.
And speaking of high class cultural opportunities, Ma is looking forward to free admittance to the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art one afternoon to see the large Grant Wood collection.
Good times, people!
In other news, Ethan and I mowed the hard half of the lawn this afternoon. Took us just over 2 hours and that's pretty good on a hot day.
Tomorrow will be more humid but the terrain is easier for the push mowers. I bet we get it done in less than 2 hours.
Loren has been collecting parts to put in the real swings for the utility pole swing set/windmill platform/lookout post. He hopes to have some hardware installed and swings up before we leave, later this week.
In school news, I only have one unfinished piece of business for my part--a test over the 100 Latin and Greek roots--and then I'm taking a two week vacation before implementing remedial summer work for Nolan and Trevor. Can't wait to get that letter from the Des Moines Department of Education...
And somewhere in there I need to finish up the garden and move all my roses, again.
Other than that, my summer plans include the requisite 6 hours of continuing education for the Master Gardener program, as well as 6 hours of service hours. So glad this summer doesn't include that 40 hour initial workload from last year.
In holiday news, we had a grand time over the weekend, as you may have deduced from the pictures of earlier posts.
But Sharon and Stacy left this morning, and we're getting ourselves back to normal with the sleeping arrangements.
The boys' room is already normal. It's a mess. But not as bad as some-times.
Little boys: God's way of making little girls look good.
Tweet
Actually, Loren hates being called "Pa," so I take that back...
Anyway, the 29th year is coming up on the 5th, so we's a goin' down south, a coupla hours.
Kendra will look after the kids and she's already honing her management skills by threatening to put everyone to bed by 7:00 and ban
I'm sure they'll all get along fine, heh, heh.
Loren has the hotel booked and I've scoped out 4, count 'em, FOUR Goodwill stores in the surrounding area :-)
Can you say heaven?
There are nearby state parks for hiking and movie theaters for vegging and even an Arts Festival down in Iowa City for Arting.
And speaking of high class cultural opportunities, Ma is looking forward to free admittance to the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art one afternoon to see the large Grant Wood collection.
Good times, people!
In other news, Ethan and I mowed the hard half of the lawn this afternoon. Took us just over 2 hours and that's pretty good on a hot day.
Tomorrow will be more humid but the terrain is easier for the push mowers. I bet we get it done in less than 2 hours.
Loren has been collecting parts to put in the real swings for the utility pole swing set/windmill platform/lookout post. He hopes to have some hardware installed and swings up before we leave, later this week.
In school news, I only have one unfinished piece of business for my part--a test over the 100 Latin and Greek roots--and then I'm taking a two week vacation before implementing remedial summer work for Nolan and Trevor. Can't wait to get that letter from the Des Moines Department of Education...
And somewhere in there I need to finish up the garden and move all my roses, again.
Other than that, my summer plans include the requisite 6 hours of continuing education for the Master Gardener program, as well as 6 hours of service hours. So glad this summer doesn't include that 40 hour initial workload from last year.
In holiday news, we had a grand time over the weekend, as you may have deduced from the pictures of earlier posts.
But Sharon and Stacy left this morning, and we're getting ourselves back to normal with the sleeping arrangements.
The boys' room is already normal. It's a mess. But not as bad as some-times.
Little boys: God's way of making little girls look good.
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Maybe, little girls are not so good... perhaps, they're just bad in a subtler sort of way.
I hope you have a wonderful anniversary break from your usual routine.
Yes, a little trip sounds like a grand idea.
Post a Comment
<< Home