Every day can be a GOOD(WILL) day :-D
Well, if I ever go on my dream sabbatical of touring the United States (just the lower 48) with a U-Haul and hitting as many Goodwill stores, as possible.
Of course, that's completely implausible.
I'd need a LOT more than just one U-Haul, for instance.
And besides...I ought to take another year off first, just to read half the books I already own.
Just as soon as that whole "put-your-family-in-stasis" goes beyond the concept stage.
Here's a smattering of the loot Ma came home with, today:

From left to right:
The Children's Book of Faith edited by William J. Bennett -- $.89
Scholastic Children's Dictionary -- $.89 (648 pages!) These two books are gorgeous hardbacks in near mint condition :-)
Night by Elie Wiesel -- $.89 pb
Revenge of the Middle-Age Woman --$.89 pb (yeah...I pretty much couldn't resist that one :-)
Then there were several VHS tapes, which go for $.79 each:
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me (I always liked Roger Moore as Agent 007, and thought I should introduce Carolyn to James Bond)
Howards End (don't know anything about this one, but hey...with Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Redgrave, Helena Bonham Carter and Emma Thompson, shouldn't be half bad, eh?)
And then, as if that weren't enough, I spied,
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark! Another absolutely lovely hardback for which I paid a whopping $1.49.
:-D
*sigh*
Tweet
Of course, that's completely implausible.
I'd need a LOT more than just one U-Haul, for instance.
And besides...I ought to take another year off first, just to read half the books I already own.
Just as soon as that whole "put-your-family-in-stasis" goes beyond the concept stage.
Here's a smattering of the loot Ma came home with, today:
From left to right:
The Children's Book of Faith edited by William J. Bennett -- $.89
Scholastic Children's Dictionary -- $.89 (648 pages!) These two books are gorgeous hardbacks in near mint condition :-)
Night by Elie Wiesel -- $.89 pb
Revenge of the Middle-Age Woman --$.89 pb (yeah...I pretty much couldn't resist that one :-)
Then there were several VHS tapes, which go for $.79 each:
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me (I always liked Roger Moore as Agent 007, and thought I should introduce Carolyn to James Bond)
Howards End (don't know anything about this one, but hey...with Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Redgrave, Helena Bonham Carter and Emma Thompson, shouldn't be half bad, eh?)
And then, as if that weren't enough, I spied,
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark! Another absolutely lovely hardback for which I paid a whopping $1.49.
:-D
*sigh*
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home