Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, January 17, 2011

As the Migraine Turns

Just sitting here at the computer, chilling, listening to classical guitar and trying not to think of the entire left side of my head.

Which hurts.

I must have missed the start of this migraine, because for the past 3 days I haven't been able to quite keep up with it. Even if the standard acetaminophen/ibuprofen combo tones it down, it always comes back several hours before the next allowable dosage.

Might have been from the long car ride on Friday. Loren procured a used car in Illinois and we drove out five hours (not that far from Chicago) to pick it up.

Took Trevor and Nolan along with carefully packed schoolwork. Of course, if you really want to have fun, include two kids in the back seat, one of which needs almost constant attention to keep on track.

But we made it safely there and back, though I could hardly think straight for the last two hours. Probably overdosed on country music :-)

The car is a '93 cream-colored Camry with 250,000 miles on it and looks to be pretty nice.

Out the window I can hear screams of glee from the kids playing in the snow. Or maybe it is Nolan, yelling, "Cowards!" He didn't go outside with the rest, and now that he is out, the others are ready to come in, setting off his hair trigger disposition.

The snow is courtesy of another little system that came in last night, bringing a few inches and drifting, for which Ethan had to re-clear the entire drive. He also had to shore up the berm around the house.

Now that we have a skid-loader, there are all kinds of projects needing its assistance.

Before I forget, here's a picture taken around Christmas time when we had all that lovely hoarfrost.

I was out exploring the wonderland and taking pictures, and when I heard a tap, tap, tap over in Mr. Lupkes's trees...
...Downy woodpecker. Or maybe it's a Hairy woodpecker...I don't know.

Too drained to check on it. That baby might as well be drilling on the side of my head.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home