Small Miracles
Every once in a while something goes right.
Then I wake up from my afternoon nap.
No, no....I'm kidding.
There have been several strange and wondrous occurrences of late, so Ma will have to dish :-)
First and perhaps most amazing, Trevor and Nolan have been getting up--without benefit of reminders, nagging, or threats,--and starting on their schoolwork, before I even get out of bed.
I know !
They finally figured out they could have guilt-free play time, I guess. Or maybe someone is paying them on the side....still, it looks like a good deal, to me.
Makes me think the 20 minutes or so I spend getting their next day's (first) assignments written out for them, is not without meaning, purpose, and dare I say it, THE KEY TO PEACE IN OUR TIME.
Secondly, I ran to the grocery store again, with the express intention of keeping it under 50 dollars until next Wednesday. And it worked! Helped in no little way by several items being on sale.
I wasn't getting that much, but almost every time I turned down a new aisle, there was a gaudy, pink tag by something I wanted.
Could this be a sign I should shop, more often?
More importantly, can I make 3 sticks of butter last for six more days?
I'll give that some thought, but in the meantime, getta load of this bird that I saw while driving home on the gravel road...
...a Great Egret
(yes, that's what they're supposed to look like if you don't go into temporary shock, can't find you camera in your purse, and don't find the mode dial in the wrong position)
Really though, I saw it.

I was totally surprised, as the only other place I've seen one is along a quiet back-stretch of a river.
They are a white version of the Great Blue Heron, only bigger.
And now for the fourth miracle: posting 3 days in a row :-D
Tweet
Then I wake up from my afternoon nap.
No, no....I'm kidding.
There have been several strange and wondrous occurrences of late, so Ma will have to dish :-)
First and perhaps most amazing, Trevor and Nolan have been getting up--without benefit of reminders, nagging, or threats,--and starting on their schoolwork, before I even get out of bed.
I know !
They finally figured out they could have guilt-free play time, I guess. Or maybe someone is paying them on the side....still, it looks like a good deal, to me.
Makes me think the 20 minutes or so I spend getting their next day's (first) assignments written out for them, is not without meaning, purpose, and dare I say it, THE KEY TO PEACE IN OUR TIME.
Secondly, I ran to the grocery store again, with the express intention of keeping it under 50 dollars until next Wednesday. And it worked! Helped in no little way by several items being on sale.
I wasn't getting that much, but almost every time I turned down a new aisle, there was a gaudy, pink tag by something I wanted.
Could this be a sign I should shop, more often?
More importantly, can I make 3 sticks of butter last for six more days?
I'll give that some thought, but in the meantime, getta load of this bird that I saw while driving home on the gravel road...
(yes, that's what they're supposed to look like if you don't go into temporary shock, can't find you camera in your purse, and don't find the mode dial in the wrong position)
Really though, I saw it.
I was totally surprised, as the only other place I've seen one is along a quiet back-stretch of a river.
They are a white version of the Great Blue Heron, only bigger.
And now for the fourth miracle: posting 3 days in a row :-D
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home