New Year, New Diet
Yes, as the swallows return to Capistrano each spring, so does the bulk of a middle-aged Ma shift heavily to losing pounds, each new year.
And the first week's results are in: down 5.5 pounds!
It was a tad more, but I like to err on the side of non-exaggerated results.
Not bad, considering the treadmill awaits fixage. Instead, I've been hitting the Total Gym, alternating feats of upper and lower body workouts, six days per week.
Also walking out on the gravel road every other day. Not my favorite mode of mindless exercise since one is dependent on the weather and it wears on the shoes.
Calorie-wise I have been shooting for 1000 or less. This week's average was 909 per day.
Yes, one does get hungry! But I gotta show me who's boss...for the moment, anyway.
One of my goals is to be all ship-shape before Kendra graduates in May.
In addition, I am keeping a meticulous daily journal of calories, exercise, stress levels, and whether or not my losing weight appears to directly affect the coming apocalypse.
Good times, people!
Tweet
And the first week's results are in: down 5.5 pounds!
It was a tad more, but I like to err on the side of non-exaggerated results.
Not bad, considering the treadmill awaits fixage. Instead, I've been hitting the Total Gym, alternating feats of upper and lower body workouts, six days per week.
Also walking out on the gravel road every other day. Not my favorite mode of mindless exercise since one is dependent on the weather and it wears on the shoes.
Calorie-wise I have been shooting for 1000 or less. This week's average was 909 per day.
Yes, one does get hungry! But I gotta show me who's boss...for the moment, anyway.
One of my goals is to be all ship-shape before Kendra graduates in May.
In addition, I am keeping a meticulous daily journal of calories, exercise, stress levels, and whether or not my losing weight appears to directly affect the coming apocalypse.
Good times, people!
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home