Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, November 06, 2014

In Which Hoyts Get All Cultural-y, Again

We are pretty excited, here at the Hoytstead!

It's Thursday, November 6th, and that means....

Straight No Chaser concert at the Gallegher Bluedorn....WOOT!

Almost as soon as Ma received the 2014/2015 GB concert season info she made plans.

She bought tickets.

And now the day is here!!

Just this morning I was going over concert attire with the boys.

"So, I think it would be nice if you wore a decent polo shirt, not a T-Shirt. Maybe a shirt and sweater, and decent pants."

Ethan: "One step above prayer meeting, but not quite Sunday morning."

Trevor: ".....*mumble*....wedding.....*mumble...."

Ethan: 'No, not as much as a wedding."

Nolan: "You mean, I can't wear one of my nice T-shirts? Like I wear for my class at school?"

Ma: "No. I think we should have some level of respect for all the work these people did for the concert. And it's kind of fun."

*half-hearted protests.....groans...."buts"....*

Trevor: "But I'm saving my good pants for Sunday!"

Ma: "Hmmm. It's Thursday. Plenty of time to do the wash before Sunday. Which you have to do, anyway."

*half-hearted protests.....groans...."buts"....*

Ma: I'll be happy to go through your closet with you and pick out some outfits. I LOVE doing this!"

*....confused silence..... *

(hee hee)

I think I'll use my Italian leather handbag.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have tons of fun!!!

11/06/2014 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous The Happy Penguin said...

I have read this a couple of times before, but I still love it! You guys have quite the drama going on at your place! This cracks me up - "One step above prayer meeting, but not quite Sunday morning." mumble...wedding... :)

1/23/2015 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home