A Moment's Respite
I need a quick blog to soothe my frazzled nerves :-)
I was all set to head to the dump one last time, had moved the car seat to the old van, had everyone almost settled, .......when I realized there was hardly any trash! Oh well. That will give me an extra hour. It takes me a moment to switch gears when I am all psyched up to endure something. I gave the little kids each a Dove's chocolate to compensate for their disappointment. Why they love to go to the dump, I do not know. Kids. Trash. There's some kind of symbiotic relationship, there.
Earlier this morning, I had to roust Kendra out of bed. She had turned off her alarm and fallen back asleep. Today is an important day for her and Jason. They are taking their ITED's (Iowa Test of Educational Developement) to fulfill the home schooling requirement for Iowa. Mrs. D, the high school guidance counselor, graciously agreed to test them all in one day in her office. That saves lots of running back and forth, since it usually takes 5 days spread over two weeks. It will be a long morning for them, but it's basically a formality.
We survived yesterday's travels. The driving was carefully divvied up between Kendra and Jason, according to experience and expertise. They even let me drive 10 whole minutes.
I acquired most of the supplies (excluding food) that we'll need up in Rochester. Made me feel like I was going back to college, again. I hope I can remember how to cook for two. Although, I'm not sure my culinary attempts when first married would actually qualify as real food.
I think I have finished most of the necessary paperwork and phone calls. I only have 100 more pages to record of the 500 plus Bible Story I am putting on tape for the kids. Shouldn't take more than half an hour more. I have some other general kiddy books taped. I have menus for 2 weeks printed for Kendra, and church cleaning instructions done for Jason. Now, all I have to do is........well, never mind.
Loren has an echo scheduled for today. (routine) Hopefully I'll have news of him to post later.
Thanks for your prayers :-)
Tweet
I was all set to head to the dump one last time, had moved the car seat to the old van, had everyone almost settled, .......when I realized there was hardly any trash! Oh well. That will give me an extra hour. It takes me a moment to switch gears when I am all psyched up to endure something. I gave the little kids each a Dove's chocolate to compensate for their disappointment. Why they love to go to the dump, I do not know. Kids. Trash. There's some kind of symbiotic relationship, there.
Earlier this morning, I had to roust Kendra out of bed. She had turned off her alarm and fallen back asleep. Today is an important day for her and Jason. They are taking their ITED's (Iowa Test of Educational Developement) to fulfill the home schooling requirement for Iowa. Mrs. D, the high school guidance counselor, graciously agreed to test them all in one day in her office. That saves lots of running back and forth, since it usually takes 5 days spread over two weeks. It will be a long morning for them, but it's basically a formality.
We survived yesterday's travels. The driving was carefully divvied up between Kendra and Jason, according to experience and expertise. They even let me drive 10 whole minutes.
I acquired most of the supplies (excluding food) that we'll need up in Rochester. Made me feel like I was going back to college, again. I hope I can remember how to cook for two. Although, I'm not sure my culinary attempts when first married would actually qualify as real food.
I think I have finished most of the necessary paperwork and phone calls. I only have 100 more pages to record of the 500 plus Bible Story I am putting on tape for the kids. Shouldn't take more than half an hour more. I have some other general kiddy books taped. I have menus for 2 weeks printed for Kendra, and church cleaning instructions done for Jason. Now, all I have to do is........well, never mind.
Loren has an echo scheduled for today. (routine) Hopefully I'll have news of him to post later.
Thanks for your prayers :-)
Tweet

The Progeny
5 Comments:
Mommy, I'm quite surprised to hear how often Jason and Kendra have convinced you to let them drive!
I've always felt one should face one's fears head on :-)
Actually, it never occurred to me to let you older ones drive that much.
In fact, I'm feeling a little guilt from not letting Ardith drive through Chicago on that one trip.
Nah.
*laughs*
It's ok. I make up for it driving through Kansas City and Tulsa a couple times a semester.
And still alive to talk about it :-)
Like I told you once, after you drove 14 hours back down to Texas, I figured I had no legitimate reason to worry about you.
*sigh*
Don't ya hate it when they grow up? How can they do that? Alas, the Empty Nest. (Well, mine is empty--I know yours isn't.)
Post a Comment
<< Home