Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chocolate....it's GOOD for you

Daughter Sharon has alluded to the benefits of chocolate, and it seems the evidence is just piling up.

Soon, pills made with cocoa based flavanols could be in your medicine cabinet. The fact that the study was sponsored by MARS candy company is of little or no consequence. They study because they care.

Actually, why not skip the "middleman," and just--eat--chocolate? Preferably, dark chocolate.

*looks at Dove's wrappers in waste basket*

Man, I am SO healthy, it's almost disgusting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Contemplates*

I think it's time for you to take advantage of the cardiovascular benefits of wine. I mean, you can never be too healthy, right?

7/27/2005 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

*ruminates*

Well now, as I understand it, dark chocolate has all the healthful qualities of wine, but without the inebriating effects.

I mean, have you ever heard of someone getting drunk on a Dove's?

Hmmmmm?

7/27/2005 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of people gorging themselves on chocolate, and I've heard of people drinking moderate amounts of wine. It's a crazy world out there.

Anyway, some studies indicate that ethanol itself has benefits. On the other hand, it may also have detrimental health effects for some.

7/27/2005 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home