The is not the one.....

....for this year's Christmas card
_____________________
"Twas a month before Christmas and Ma went to town,
To drop off a picture of family renown.
She had to make copies and send far and wide,
Despite certain features MOST undignified.
For Ethan was grinning from ear unto ear,
Stopping just short of a scandalous leer.
Trevor had looks that were ever so sneaky,
Rousing suspicions his diaper was leaky.
Quizzical wonderment, Derek's face read,
Neatly obscuring poor Carolyn's head.
Fingers up nose...must be Nolan, I guess.
(Ma rolls her eyes with a look of distress)
Dreamy and sweet is the look Kendra's lost in,
Prob'ly from reading too much of Jane Austen.
"Open your eyes!--Melinda, next time...and
Try not to look....so all-fired sublime."
Then there is Ma, in lipstick too dark;
Three double chins, so wobbly they bark.
Most of the rest look amazingly normal,
Still, this picture is quite far from formal.
*sigh*
That's about it, except for the fact that I
DIDN't get a tree, no, I couldn't bring it back.
The price was out-RAGEOUS...a cool thirty-five (!)
I'm not payin' those bucks, and that ain't no jive.
Give me the simple life, humble and meek,
Chocolate, my blog, barely more do I seek.
And as to the picture of family so dear?
Keep hope uh-lahve....there is always next year. Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
*rolls eyes*
maybe I'll just go with a frown next year.
Kendra
Well, it looks like you have your Christmas poem all written as well. We have found that with so many critters it is very hard to get a picture that is nice of all of them....especially when there are some under the age of 10.
I say it looks just fine.
Post a Comment
<< Home