Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It is dark. Very, very dark....

.....and the wind is howling once again. For you see, those cute little fluffy flakes that were falling earlier, have turned into stinging bullets borne on a wicked wind.

It's not all fun and wintery games, here in Iowa.

Hard to believe that three days ago 20 plus tonados had just finished whipping through the state. It is good that the children went out for a brief frolic this afternoon, for there is no way they will be able to venture out for play anytime soon. It's gonna be an electric blanket kinda night.

I am not even sure I shall be able to take Derek and Kendra in for their final day of testing tomorrow. The vehicles were so shocked by the sudden change in weather, they didn't have time to put on their snow tires....poor little second-hand darlings.

But say now, I do have good news for those of you who think I am addicted to certain foods....I went the whole day without one Dove's Chocolate! Yes, it is absolutely true. And what's more, I ate TWO apples, and TWO protein bars (along with a few other sundries).

Like I've always said...."I can quit any time." At least until Wal-Mart lays in a new supply.

Speaking of foods you can do without, if anyone has a hankerin' for unusual beverages, you really ought to see the folks at Jones Soda Co. Apparently they have some holiday taste offerings that cannot be beat. Like, say, Salmon, for instance.

And for those who like to recycle, here's a place you can get rid of that extra fat....(hmmmm.....I may have to keep this in mind....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home