Family Camp 2006
The first full day of Family Camp.
A morning missionary story for the kids
In the afternoon, a training session of the local militia, thinly veiled as a skeet shoot.
"Lock and Load, Baby, Lock and Load"
Leila Helmke proves she is more than just a pretty cook.
And I would just like to say that no corn was hurt during the filming of this shoot.
One of the fathers brought a small BB gun. In a fit of maternal indulgence, Ma lets Nolan fire it.
You know, I'll probably be sorry for that, some day....
Tomorrow's afternoon activity? Canoeing, otherwise known as Naval Assualt.
The evening's guest speaker, Pastor Gary Moore, regales the kids with his famous rendition of "Louie, the Lamb."
It was well received :-)
Pastor Moore has a great way of keeping one's attention, using humor to the point that Nolan was getting a case of the giggles....which were finally cured when he fell into an exhausted sleep from the day's activities.
I know some mothers who don't want to let their kids fall asleep in the evening service, but when mine do, I'm guaranteed a chance to listen.
Very good day, despite the heat and Ma's reluctance to take a turn with the firearms.
Naturally, it would have been an excellent opportunity to have another picture for the blog, but you know how I loathe shameless self-promotion.
One has a duty to keep up one's humility, after all.
Tweet
A morning missionary story for the kids
In the afternoon, a training session of the local militia, thinly veiled as a skeet shoot.
"Lock and Load, Baby, Lock and Load"Leila Helmke proves she is more than just a pretty cook.
And I would just like to say that no corn was hurt during the filming of this shoot.One of the fathers brought a small BB gun. In a fit of maternal indulgence, Ma lets Nolan fire it.
You know, I'll probably be sorry for that, some day....Tomorrow's afternoon activity? Canoeing, otherwise known as Naval Assualt.
The evening's guest speaker, Pastor Gary Moore, regales the kids with his famous rendition of "Louie, the Lamb."
It was well received :-)Pastor Moore has a great way of keeping one's attention, using humor to the point that Nolan was getting a case of the giggles....which were finally cured when he fell into an exhausted sleep from the day's activities.
I know some mothers who don't want to let their kids fall asleep in the evening service, but when mine do, I'm guaranteed a chance to listen.
Very good day, despite the heat and Ma's reluctance to take a turn with the firearms.
Naturally, it would have been an excellent opportunity to have another picture for the blog, but you know how I loathe shameless self-promotion.
One has a duty to keep up one's humility, after all.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home