Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, November 03, 2006

Mouse Killer

 

So, I've started with the raptor interviews. Above is my first potential watch-hawk, an engaging fellow who goes by the name of Roscoe Redtail.

All options are on the table, concerning rodent control. I've heard some pretty good things about these hawks so it only seemed natural to pursue this line of pest defense.

Following tactics demonstrated elsewhere, we may have to encourage battle lines to be drawn outside our immediate perimeter, thus enhancing safety within our facility.

It seems a sensible line of reasoning.

Anyway, no decision has been made concerning Roscoe. Naturally he is still undergoing vetting procedures, and you can be sure someone will be checking through all of his old blog material.

But he seems a likable chap. 
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharpton: The Knight's Disciple said...

Ma, might I recommend not limiting yourself to hawk applicants? Though Roscoe sounds like an excellent chap, he is only one bird. And he's probably mostly a day operator. Even now, I've begun the necessary proceedings to attempt to hire some night guards for your home-specifically, owls. After all, those tricksy mice might try coming in at night. We can't have that, now can we? More as it develops...

11/03/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Martinez said...

I'm trying to stay neutral in the Mouse War, but I just have to say something:
That is an absolutely amazing picture. I can't really come up with the words to properly express my awe; it's just amazing.

11/03/2006 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I was hoping he would stay perched on the pole until I snapped it. But one can't complain about flighty watchbirds....

11/03/2006 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Thainamu said...

I agree with Martinez--very nice photo!

11/03/2006 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home