Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bring me my soapbox!

There are two things I try to steer clear of in my blog-writing addiction:

1) Endless angst about personal things that will leave the reader in tears

2) Controversial issues, be they political or "religious."

However, I chanced upon something I consider so vile and repulsive, something that denotes such a grave distortion to God's Word, that I shall gladly risk rebuke from anyone, anywhere.

Behold, a new video game.....Left Behind: Eternal Forces.

Of course, it must be OK, because Jerry Jenkins is pictured with the Left Behind CEO, Troy Lyndon.

(Jerry Jenkins, who along with Tim LaHaye, found Biblical accuracy but a small deterrence to the prospect of fame, big bucks and spin-off publications with their "Left Behind" books)

If these two men hadn't lost all Christian credibility with their blockbuster book series, they have now, with release of the video game. They are connected by association, at the very least.

And just in time for the holidays! Get them while you still can, for Christmas. And parents, there's no need to worry.....any points the kiddos lose by killing people, can be rectified by a quick, kneeful prayer.

Wow.

And again I say, "Hide me...I'm embarrassed by those who claim the same faith as myself."

I'm also angry.

SO ANGRY I COULD......!

*gets down on knees*

There. I'm all sweetness, again.

But don't take my word for it, check it out here, here and here.

It just makes me want to cry.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Wow. I just read one of the positive reviews (understand that by "positive" I really mean "appealing to a distinctly non-Christian audience.")

"That's the paradox of making a really good Christian strategy game. If you pull it off, it'll have more in common with other strategy games than with the official message of Christianity."

12/13/2006 01:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Repeat after me: The medium is the message.

12/13/2006 09:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home