Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

American Patrol

Here is one of Ma's favorite Glenn Miller tunes. It's the current band, not a tape of the original with Glenn himself, but it's very good. And no, this has absolutely nunco political overtones,

I--just---like---the---song.

I'd be careful how loud you turn up the volume, or you might not hear the oven timer go off when the brownies are done, but hey, I'm sure the kids will understand.



Loren and I were privileged to see this band in person, when we lived in Warsaw, IN. It was one of the few "big deals" we went to, and since Ardith was a nursing babe we took her right along with us. (you remember, don't you ma chère?) She made it through most of the concert :-D

And of course everyone probably remembers that Glenn Miller was born in IOWA--just another reason we Hawkeyes are cool.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home