Madre e Hija Brunch
Time for ye annual Mother/Daughter get-together. This year we had a brunch.
We arrived a tad early and walked around looking at the lovely tables.
Here is one with Frappuccinos....mmmmmm, looks good.

Another with little bags of chocolate....*Ma's antennae go up*

And another with supplies for washing dishes.

And seven or eight more from which to choose.
Clearly it was going to be a tough decision, but after several seconds Ma pointed to the table with the chocolates and informed her daughters, "We're sitting here."
If you notice papers that look like crossword puzzles on each table you can consider yourself terribly bright. The first two to complete the studies of food-type answers would get a prize.
But FIRST, a mother and daughter from each table had to go up front and participate in a cake-baking contest.
The girls at one table....with unlabeled ingredients and no directions...

The moms at another table. Just bowls of stuff and no recipe.
Here we see Sandy Ritsema (left) and Jo Craig (animated person on right) discussing...soemthing.
Being the executive, take-charge person that I am, I volunteered Kendra to go from our table as well as Sandy for the moms. This was a thinly veiled ploy to give me more time to complete the crossword puzzle first.
However, the moms quickly threw their cake together and Sandy came back and STILL beat everyone with the puzzle. She got the prize and I am praying about not becoming bitter. (ha ha! Just kidding, Sandy :-) (even though I did help you with one answer...)
Oooooo, yummy food! Breakfast pizzas, muffins and tarts.
Just before the prayer, Nancy Wiekert looked back and announced that OUR table would go to the buffet first!
I'm thinkin' that pumping both fists and yelling "YES!!" was probably a mistake on my part.
*makes note to work on that whole "meek and quiet" thing*
Julie Schick gave the devotional, using the ingredients of bread and corresponding them to different aspects of the Christian life while Ma tried not to get hungry again.

Kendra's contribution, Breakfast Pizza. It looked even better before I cut it.
There was none left to take home, however.
Nice time :-)
Tweet
We arrived a tad early and walked around looking at the lovely tables.
Here is one with Frappuccinos....mmmmmm, looks good.
Another with little bags of chocolate....*Ma's antennae go up*
And another with supplies for washing dishes.
And seven or eight more from which to choose.
Clearly it was going to be a tough decision, but after several seconds Ma pointed to the table with the chocolates and informed her daughters, "We're sitting here."
If you notice papers that look like crossword puzzles on each table you can consider yourself terribly bright. The first two to complete the studies of food-type answers would get a prize.
But FIRST, a mother and daughter from each table had to go up front and participate in a cake-baking contest.
The girls at one table....with unlabeled ingredients and no directions...
The moms at another table. Just bowls of stuff and no recipe.
Being the executive, take-charge person that I am, I volunteered Kendra to go from our table as well as Sandy for the moms. This was a thinly veiled ploy to give me more time to complete the crossword puzzle first.
However, the moms quickly threw their cake together and Sandy came back and STILL beat everyone with the puzzle. She got the prize and I am praying about not becoming bitter. (ha ha! Just kidding, Sandy :-) (even though I did help you with one answer...)
Oooooo, yummy food! Breakfast pizzas, muffins and tarts.
I'm thinkin' that pumping both fists and yelling "YES!!" was probably a mistake on my part.
*makes note to work on that whole "meek and quiet" thing*
Julie Schick gave the devotional, using the ingredients of bread and corresponding them to different aspects of the Christian life while Ma tried not to get hungry again.
Kendra's contribution, Breakfast Pizza. It looked even better before I cut it.
Nice time :-)
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
How incredibly dull...
...said he who received no free chocolate and ate leftover frozen pizza for lunch.
(actually, a flamethrower theme was discussed but ultimately rejected when it was found to clash with several of the ladies' nail polish)
(plus, there was some difficulty in coming up with a thematic scripture reference)
Post a Comment
<< Home