Today's Doin's
Wow. Am I tired.
After school with Nolan and a brief hour's work at the church, I shocked my family by getting lunch be-fore one o'clock.
That in itself was an occasion so unusual as to cause swooning in massive amounts.
"Why are we eating so early?" queried Loren.
"Yes," chimed in Jason, "like, before two."
"Because I'm gonna start digging in the garden and I wanna have lots of time to work...it's all about ME!"
*unintelligible reply from Loren*
And since it was "all about me," I figured I didn't need to know WHAT he said :-)
Hours later, I had accomplished much more than I'd expected...
...one long bed, Nolan's half of a shared bed with Ethan, and Trevor's bed, which he is going to share with me...he just doesn't know it yet. You can see the beds from front to back, in angled order.
Oh I took a break after the first bed was completed. That took an hour and forty minutes to dig, edge, rake and grade. And all that called for tall glass of water followed by a Diet Cherry Coke chaser.
It was so hot that I decided the little kids needed a dousing under the sprinkler so we dredged up that engineering masterpiece from last year and put it to work...
...Trevor. I don't know what's so exciting about getting a little shovel wet, but it kept him occupied.
Nolan, displaying his power and might.

Later in the afternoon I had another wonderfully restful 25 minute interlude to rustle up a meatloaf for supper. I find it's better to mix that stuff by hand. The blending of ingredients is more thorough that way, PLUS as an added bonus, it's really efficient for cleaning all those dirty crevices in your fingers and nails.
On top of all that excitement, Farmer Fry came to plow the field, and that means planting time cannot be far away.

For him or us.
Tweet
After school with Nolan and a brief hour's work at the church, I shocked my family by getting lunch be-fore one o'clock.
That in itself was an occasion so unusual as to cause swooning in massive amounts.
"Why are we eating so early?" queried Loren.
"Yes," chimed in Jason, "like, before two."
"Because I'm gonna start digging in the garden and I wanna have lots of time to work...it's all about ME!"
*unintelligible reply from Loren*
And since it was "all about me," I figured I didn't need to know WHAT he said :-)
Hours later, I had accomplished much more than I'd expected...
Oh I took a break after the first bed was completed. That took an hour and forty minutes to dig, edge, rake and grade. And all that called for tall glass of water followed by a Diet Cherry Coke chaser.
It was so hot that I decided the little kids needed a dousing under the sprinkler so we dredged up that engineering masterpiece from last year and put it to work...
Nolan, displaying his power and might.
Later in the afternoon I had another wonderfully restful 25 minute interlude to rustle up a meatloaf for supper. I find it's better to mix that stuff by hand. The blending of ingredients is more thorough that way, PLUS as an added bonus, it's really efficient for cleaning all those dirty crevices in your fingers and nails.
On top of all that excitement, Farmer Fry came to plow the field, and that means planting time cannot be far away.
For him or us.
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
I envy your black dirt--ours is white.
Have you tried food coloring?
Post a Comment
<< Home