Hols of the Day
Chocolate Milkshake Day
National Video Games Day
Can't say as I'm terribly enthused about either one. If I had the choice between a chocolate milkshake and a chicken finger meal from Arby's, I would have to go with the chicken and honey mustard sauce. Now, if they made a Black Forest CAKE milkshake...
Video games. Can be addictive, as I've found from past experience (many) years ago. That's why I don't play any more. And why there are limits to how long the kids can play.
Really though, if you're going to have an addiction, why not chocolate?
World Egg Day
So far no news on the people who were interred for transgressing the original "low yolk" rule.
Día de la Raza
You know, if people outside the U.S. are actually celebrating Columbus Day, then I say they are just jolly good sports and I don't think I'd be quite that understanding.
Which brings us to...
International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day
Again, I cannot recommend. While probably originating with mothers of large families, this holiday has obviously morphed into a reaction born out of early presidential campaigning. Particularly taped phone messages on behalf of Mitt Romney.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
1931 1st International Conference on Calendar Reform (be still my beating heart)
1973 Nixon nominates Gerald Ford to replace Spiro Agnew as VP
1977 Psychic Romark attempts to drive blindfolded, smashed into cop van (hee, hee :-)
1518--Martin Luther, 35, refuses to recant the 95 theses he had posted the previous October on the chapel door at Wittenberg Castle.
Ma's (I thought this was interesting) quote of the day which will probably incite disclaimerish responses and get me into all kinds of trouble:
National Video Games Day
Can't say as I'm terribly enthused about either one. If I had the choice between a chocolate milkshake and a chicken finger meal from Arby's, I would have to go with the chicken and honey mustard sauce. Now, if they made a Black Forest CAKE milkshake...
Video games. Can be addictive, as I've found from past experience (many) years ago. That's why I don't play any more. And why there are limits to how long the kids can play.
Really though, if you're going to have an addiction, why not chocolate?
World Egg Day
"The American Heart Association has also lifted any restrictions on the number of egg yolks a person may consume per week. Instead, they recommend that healthy American adults limit cholesterol intake to less than 300 milligrams (mg) per day."
So far no news on the people who were interred for transgressing the original "low yolk" rule.
Día de la Raza
You know, if people outside the U.S. are actually celebrating Columbus Day, then I say they are just jolly good sports and I don't think I'd be quite that understanding.
Which brings us to...
International Moment Of Frustration Scream Day
Again, I cannot recommend. While probably originating with mothers of large families, this holiday has obviously morphed into a reaction born out of early presidential campaigning. Particularly taped phone messages on behalf of Mitt Romney.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
1931 1st International Conference on Calendar Reform (be still my beating heart)
1973 Nixon nominates Gerald Ford to replace Spiro Agnew as VP
1977 Psychic Romark attempts to drive blindfolded, smashed into cop van (hee, hee :-)
1518--Martin Luther, 35, refuses to recant the 95 theses he had posted the previous October on the chapel door at Wittenberg Castle.
Ma's (I thought this was interesting) quote of the day which will probably incite disclaimerish responses and get me into all kinds of trouble:
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."-- George Washington Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home