Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ma's Newsy Nuggets

All Iowa news this time.
_________________

Proof that hunters should train their dogs in gun safety.

What's nearly as strange...I had to find this on the BBC website.
_________________

Iowa has one of the lowest high school dropout rates!

Important data for all you teachers--of which there must be legions--planning to move to Iowa.
_________________

If you're like me, you don't always get your news from the major networks anymore. But when I do, it's usually NBC. I had to find out from TV Newser that Jim Cummins had passed away.

Jim was from Iowa.

I realize there is one word that in that article that could be considered objectionable by some, but given the context of its use, I don't think it particularly offensive.

Ah well, off to the day...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home