Today doin's
Took Derek in for another pro-time and it was 1.5.
Guess we'll be going back in next week, since that is low. Too bad about that bout of atrial fibrillation...but for that Derek might be off Coumadin by now.
The good news is: Derek took the wheel on the way home from the clinic, logging more time on his driving record.
______________
Waiting for the Gravel Guy to come today. He'll deposit a load in front of the garage, allowing a ramp for the vehicles and more opportunity for picture taking. Stayed tuned for more exciting truckish pics, later in the day.
______________
We celebrated Carolyn's birthday last night, even though it doesn't technically occur until Wednesday. But since this week was slated for the high school testing, we decided back in October to put Carolyn's birthday on this past Sunday, and Melinda's on next Sunday.
We are flexible, but only up to a point.
______________
Sunday morning I woke up and found a slight improvement in the painful knee department.
This made me happy. So happy, that I decided to weigh myself.
After that imprudent step I was not QUITE as happy, but oh well. Maybe I'll care about it tomorrow.
All the so-called diet sessions of this past 2 months have ended quiet little defeats as Ma battles with the urge to crawl into bed and eat carbs.
Perhaps after the next birthday is past I'll get more into the mood of things.
Particularly if I can schedule an appointment with a sports psychologist.
I will not be getting on ye olde treadmille however, until my knees heal up.
_______________
That son of ours hasn't posted yet on Saturday's mental exertions but he assures me he will. So keep checking his blog...I know I do.
Probably he has some lame excuse like catching up on schoolwork or something. I'll try not to be hard on him, as there could be some VERY interesting (non-related) news coming from his way, shortly...
From what I heard though, his team did not do too badly considering they only had one veteran amongst them.
_______________
There are some great holiday/historical events to be mentioned but guilt bids me come away from the computer for the lunchtime drill, followed by the weekly acquirement of foodstuffs.
Tweet
Guess we'll be going back in next week, since that is low. Too bad about that bout of atrial fibrillation...but for that Derek might be off Coumadin by now.
The good news is: Derek took the wheel on the way home from the clinic, logging more time on his driving record.
______________
Waiting for the Gravel Guy to come today. He'll deposit a load in front of the garage, allowing a ramp for the vehicles and more opportunity for picture taking. Stayed tuned for more exciting truckish pics, later in the day.
______________
We celebrated Carolyn's birthday last night, even though it doesn't technically occur until Wednesday. But since this week was slated for the high school testing, we decided back in October to put Carolyn's birthday on this past Sunday, and Melinda's on next Sunday.
We are flexible, but only up to a point.
______________
Sunday morning I woke up and found a slight improvement in the painful knee department.
This made me happy. So happy, that I decided to weigh myself.
After that imprudent step I was not QUITE as happy, but oh well. Maybe I'll care about it tomorrow.
All the so-called diet sessions of this past 2 months have ended quiet little defeats as Ma battles with the urge to crawl into bed and eat carbs.
Perhaps after the next birthday is past I'll get more into the mood of things.
Particularly if I can schedule an appointment with a sports psychologist.
I will not be getting on ye olde treadmille however, until my knees heal up.
_______________
That son of ours hasn't posted yet on Saturday's mental exertions but he assures me he will. So keep checking his blog...I know I do.
Probably he has some lame excuse like catching up on schoolwork or something. I'll try not to be hard on him, as there could be some VERY interesting (non-related) news coming from his way, shortly...
From what I heard though, his team did not do too badly considering they only had one veteran amongst them.
_______________
There are some great holiday/historical events to be mentioned but guilt bids me come away from the computer for the lunchtime drill, followed by the weekly acquirement of foodstuffs.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home