Hols of the Day
I figured with January slipping away we'd better do something.
First of all, mention must needs be made of an anniversary which took place just seven days ago...
January 24--Eskimo Pie Day. This is incredibly important because the man who invented them lived right here in lil' ol' Ioway :-)
Have I not said time and again that Iowa is a happenin' kind of place?
Today in History:
1928--Scotch tape 1st marketed by 3-M Company
1929--Leon Trotsky expelled from Russia to Turkey
1933--Hitler promises parliamentary democracy
1934--FDR devalues the dollar in relation to gold at $35 per ounce
1958--"Jackpot Bowling" premieres on NBC with Leo Durocher as host
1958--James van Allen discovers radiation belt (Oh hey...van Allen was at the University of Iowa! It seems there is no end to the Hawkeye state's contributions to culture and science :-)
1964--US report "Smoking & Health" connects smoking to lung cancer
1975--Barry Manilow's "Mandy" goes gold (now, now...I liked Barry Manilow)
1994--Dow Jones hits a record 3,978.36
2008--Loren Hoyt visits the dentist
Here at ye olde homesteade it's currently 10 degrees with fair skies and only -5 wind chill.
What I want to know is...can Hill chill Bill?
Tweet
First of all, mention must needs be made of an anniversary which took place just seven days ago...
January 24--Eskimo Pie Day. This is incredibly important because the man who invented them lived right here in lil' ol' Ioway :-)
Have I not said time and again that Iowa is a happenin' kind of place?
Today in History:
1928--Scotch tape 1st marketed by 3-M Company
1929--Leon Trotsky expelled from Russia to Turkey
1933--Hitler promises parliamentary democracy
1934--FDR devalues the dollar in relation to gold at $35 per ounce
1958--"Jackpot Bowling" premieres on NBC with Leo Durocher as host
1958--James van Allen discovers radiation belt (Oh hey...van Allen was at the University of Iowa! It seems there is no end to the Hawkeye state's contributions to culture and science :-)
1964--US report "Smoking & Health" connects smoking to lung cancer
1975--Barry Manilow's "Mandy" goes gold (now, now...I liked Barry Manilow)
1994--Dow Jones hits a record 3,978.36
2008--Loren Hoyt visits the dentist
Here at ye olde homesteade it's currently 10 degrees with fair skies and only -5 wind chill.
What I want to know is...can Hill chill Bill?
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home