Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Maturity Report - Part 1

It's been 3.5 days since I started taking the Mature Multivitamins (age 50+) and already I am noticing subtle, yet definite results.

For instance, I woke up at 4:30 this morning, then got out of bed around 5. Certainly not the habits of a pipsqueak of 45. (I was SO pathetic back then...)

And though school has barely let out for the summer, already I am contemplating typing up the curriculum schedules for my six students next fall. REALLY! Is that farsighted, or what?

I've also noticed strange thoughts drifting into my mind...thoughts about cleaning up the bedroom, for instance. Thoughts about not buying any more clothes or books un-TIL I clean up the bedroom.

Well...no more clothes, anyway.

There are even tendencies toward not caring about my weight, and if that isn't a sign of increasing maturity, I don't know what IS.

But the overriding effect is further enhancement of the creeping cynicism that began a few years ago. Cynicism that alters my view of politics, people and life in general.

Assuming everyone's out to get you makes life so much simpler :-D
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home