Ethan Turns the Big 1-2
Ma's a little late getting up this birthday post. Ethan really turned twelve last Wednesday, the 17th, but he wanted to wait to celebrate until Kendra was home. This particular night of festivity took place on Saturday, mere hours after blizzard winds had commenced. Click on pictures to enlarge.
Ethan, trying to blow out the candles.

C'mon Ethan...what' the matter? It's not like they're trick candles, is it?
Actually, they were. Ethan wanted them. I ended up dunking most of the candles in a glass of water.
Ethan finds...a watch! It displays in both digital and analog. Ma never tires of trying to bring all the right influences into her children's lives, ha, ha.

The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
Ethan started it that night and proclaimed after finishing it the next day that I should read this to all the kids.
Twelve years is a special birthday in our family, with each child receiving a nice Bible with REAL LEATHERFLEX cover!
The older kids noticed right away that Ethan got a "study Bible" whereas they only got regular NASB standard versions.
"I can't help it if that was on a special sale and actually cheaper than your versions. Clearly you guys should have been born at different times..."
The other traditional 12th year present, a Bible cover.
Oooo, Narnia :-)
Again, more fake complaining from the older kids about not getting a fancy cover, themselves. ("Look...older kids always get gyped, so...get over it !)
The brown cover doesn't exactly match the black Bible, but hey, they were both on sale, and as we all know, Ma is very cheap.
I learned that from my Dad.
*waves toward heaven*
Tweet
Ethan, trying to blow out the candles.
C'mon Ethan...what' the matter? It's not like they're trick candles, is it?
Ethan finds...a watch! It displays in both digital and analog. Ma never tires of trying to bring all the right influences into her children's lives, ha, ha.
The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
Twelve years is a special birthday in our family, with each child receiving a nice Bible with REAL LEATHERFLEX cover!
"I can't help it if that was on a special sale and actually cheaper than your versions. Clearly you guys should have been born at different times..."
The other traditional 12th year present, a Bible cover.
Again, more fake complaining from the older kids about not getting a fancy cover, themselves. ("Look...older kids always get gyped, so...get over it !)
I learned that from my Dad.
*waves toward heaven*
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Look...older kids always get gypped, so...get over it!...
So saith the baby of the family. I am sure your four siblings agree with the initial concept, but wonder how they feel about "getting over it"? :-)
That is true.
One thing I do remember is that by the time I was old enough to play Monopoly, most of them were leaving or not interested.
What goes around comes around:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home