Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, September 07, 2009

The Keith Update, and more

Good news! Keith Hennigar has improved enough to be taken off the respirator. He now just has an oxygen mask to assist with his breathing.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, and please keep praying that there will be no long lasting effects from the paralytic drug that was given.
___________________

On the Labor Front news, after indulging in the traditional Festive-Cookout-where-Ma-sweats-it-out-over-the-grill, we now sit around with the soporific effects one must endure after eating:

--Mesquite BBQ Chicken
--burgers
--3 bean salad (including a pepper from Trevor's garden!
--snicker salad (because yes, I'm in a rut...and I've finally perfected it)
--tomatoes from our garden
--Carolyn's homemade apple pie, "Grandma Ople's Recipe." (YUMMO!) avec ice cream

Rumor has it that El Hubbo plans to stick another pole in the el groundo. I'll try to take pictures. If I can waddle out there.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I just went and googled "snickers salad" and now I'm going to suggest that you move it over to the desert aisle.

(But if there are any leftovers, please let me know.)

9/07/2009 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good news about Keith; will keep praying.

I am going to have to follow your other commenter's lead and google snickers salad. Sounds like a winner to me. AND I can get snickers here!

9/07/2009 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

It's super easy, and yes, Thainamu, it's basically a dessert!

Most of the recipes call for just apples, cool whip and snicker bars, cut up.

But I like to add a box of vanilla pudding. It just took me this long to find out that you should only add half the milk to the pudding, or the end result will be a bit soupy. I broke down and looked at a recipe, this time :-p

Before I was just going by hearsay.

9/07/2009 04:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home