We Be Back
Ma traveled down Iowa City-way to meet up with Kendra's ride back from Indiana. Only had to hear Taylor Swift two times, so all in all, a pretty good drive.
While driving through Aplington, I bought all my Christmas stamps, so I guess tomorrow will be heavy duty printing, addressing and stuffing of envelopes.
Also purchased my very first 52 oz drink from Casey's General Store. In general, this means one has to stop two times in the next two hours. Generally. But it was worth it, once I figured out how to lift it with one hand.
Home again, home again, yakkity yak.
Supper consisted of BLT's and fruit salad à la bananas and canned stuff. It was something quick, not to mention the whole, "I'm-WAY-TOO-TIRED-to-cut-up-potatoes-for-corn-chowder" aspect.
Dessert was a nice big helping of Kendra's-"I-come-bearing-gifts" bag of peanut M&M's, as well as a couple of peanut butter-filled Dove's chocolates.
In other words, we're a walking ad for Glucerna.
It didn't take long for Ethan to be stretched out on the floor, after which we soon heard his most memorable quote,
"Mommy told me not to talk, Carolyn."
Another Festivus miracle.
And now, Kendra has coaxed me into the "singing Christmas songs before bed" routine, since we have Derek-the-Bass at home....before which, I must go commune with the tub.
Tweet
While driving through Aplington, I bought all my Christmas stamps, so I guess tomorrow will be heavy duty printing, addressing and stuffing of envelopes.
Also purchased my very first 52 oz drink from Casey's General Store. In general, this means one has to stop two times in the next two hours. Generally. But it was worth it, once I figured out how to lift it with one hand.
Home again, home again, yakkity yak.
Supper consisted of BLT's and fruit salad à la bananas and canned stuff. It was something quick, not to mention the whole, "I'm-WAY-TOO-TIRED-to-cut-up-potatoes-for-corn-chowder" aspect.
Dessert was a nice big helping of Kendra's-"I-come-bearing-gifts" bag of peanut M&M's, as well as a couple of peanut butter-filled Dove's chocolates.
In other words, we're a walking ad for Glucerna.
It didn't take long for Ethan to be stretched out on the floor, after which we soon heard his most memorable quote,
"Mommy told me not to talk, Carolyn."
Another Festivus miracle.
And now, Kendra has coaxed me into the "singing Christmas songs before bed" routine, since we have Derek-the-Bass at home....before which, I must go commune with the tub.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home