I have seen Avatar....
...and am still in my right mind.
That's a reference to an article stating that some came away from the movie feeling depressed because they couldn't live in a magical, florescent world like Pandora.
Get a grip, people...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE!
Ma's little adventure began yesterday with the procurement of today's dental appointment for Kendra. I got to thinking, "You know....we could work this out so Kendra and I could go see the early showing after the dentist appointment!"
THEN I had the supremely brilliant idea to buy tickets online, ensuring us seats. I'd heard the movie was popular and I wasn't driving to Waterloo fer nothin', no siree.
So I did my amazing act of cyber skillfulness and received confirmation. Basically walking around congratulating myself on another new accomplishment with this aging mind...until....I thought about checking the date.
I'd bought them for yesterday, instead of today as intended.
Let me just say here, that calling the "help" line is no help at all. They can't do anything. They say you can get a refund if you appear at the door an hour before showtime. They suggest calling the box office, which doesn't open until 45 minutes before showtime.
I gnashed my teeth for a while and then made the executive decision, "We're going!"
The main problem being, Loren had the one truly reliable car for the day, off to Mayoland for more checkage.
But Ma was not going let movie-enjoyment-with-the-collegiate slip through her chubby paws, oh no.
With 15 minutes to get ready, we showered, moved Thursday's supper forward two days, put on our best movie duds, and proceeded to the Green-Dragon-Lady-Lincoln-of-Power. She'd been cooling her snarky wheels in the garage and it was time to get tough.
"Now you start!" was the militant command issued by General Ma.
It was a little dicey, but she turned over :-) and thus we girls went forth into battle, brandishing brazen attitudes and a large chunk o' moss-colored metal.
It was my first 3D movie in 26 years, and Kendra's first ever.
Very, very COOL!
Almost as amazing, the car started after sitting outside for 3 hours :-D
When Loren arrived home and heard what had happened, into his mind rushed thoughts of a Waterlooish rescue mission....but it all worked out.
Ma's ava-car came through in the clutch.
Tweet
That's a reference to an article stating that some came away from the movie feeling depressed because they couldn't live in a magical, florescent world like Pandora.
Get a grip, people...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE!
Ma's little adventure began yesterday with the procurement of today's dental appointment for Kendra. I got to thinking, "You know....we could work this out so Kendra and I could go see the early showing after the dentist appointment!"
THEN I had the supremely brilliant idea to buy tickets online, ensuring us seats. I'd heard the movie was popular and I wasn't driving to Waterloo fer nothin', no siree.
So I did my amazing act of cyber skillfulness and received confirmation. Basically walking around congratulating myself on another new accomplishment with this aging mind...until....I thought about checking the date.
I'd bought them for yesterday, instead of today as intended.
Let me just say here, that calling the "help" line is no help at all. They can't do anything. They say you can get a refund if you appear at the door an hour before showtime. They suggest calling the box office, which doesn't open until 45 minutes before showtime.
I gnashed my teeth for a while and then made the executive decision, "We're going!"
The main problem being, Loren had the one truly reliable car for the day, off to Mayoland for more checkage.
But Ma was not going let movie-enjoyment-with-the-collegiate slip through her chubby paws, oh no.
With 15 minutes to get ready, we showered, moved Thursday's supper forward two days, put on our best movie duds, and proceeded to the Green-Dragon-Lady-Lincoln-of-Power. She'd been cooling her snarky wheels in the garage and it was time to get tough.
"Now you start!" was the militant command issued by General Ma.
It was a little dicey, but she turned over :-) and thus we girls went forth into battle, brandishing brazen attitudes and a large chunk o' moss-colored metal.
It was my first 3D movie in 26 years, and Kendra's first ever.
Very, very COOL!
Almost as amazing, the car started after sitting outside for 3 hours :-D
When Loren arrived home and heard what had happened, into his mind rushed thoughts of a Waterlooish rescue mission....but it all worked out.
Ma's ava-car came through in the clutch.
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Wow! You ladies are so BRAVE! To go drive the Green Lady Lincoln to the theater for Avatar. And to decide the day of... now that's spontaneous living.
Glad you got to see it.
I heard folks were getting dizzy and having headaches from the 3D. I haven't seen Avatar myself. I do know that I don't like 3D unless it's real video and NOT animation. Not that I've seen a whole lotta 3D movies...but Miley's 3D concert was da bomb!
I had read about the dizziness, too. Was a little bit apprehensive, but that wasn't a factor for me.
Towards the beginning I did have a sharp pain in my head where I get migraines, but then it went away, so I figured it was just the normal minor cerebral hemorrhages people have, ha ha.
Post a Comment
<< Home