Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Please Pray...{updated early Wed}

...for Amy Hoyt, wife of nephew David. As you may remember, she had her baby a bit early due to pre-eclampsia. Amy was able to go home from hospital last week, and beautiful, baby Annabelle came home yesterday, so that is good news.

However, Amy had to be taken to the ER today due to elevated liver enzymes and very high blood pressure. Please pray that these things can be stabilized once and for all and the family can get back to the process of raising their baby and just trying to live normally.

Thanks very much for your prayers.

(Elizabeth, David's mom has let us know that Amy will need her gallbladder taken out in the next three months. Not related to the pre-ecalmpsia, but can sometimes flare up after a pregnancy. She's staying overnight in the hospital. Thanks for praying!}
_________________

Continuing on the health news, but not nearly as critical, Trevor maintained his coughing apace, today. Ethan claimed the hacking kept him awake half the night, but I believe this is a slight exaggeration. Don't know where the boy gets his penchant for drama...

Nolan however, despite his occasional to moderately often forays into orneriness, has some worthy impulses concerning the afflicted. I saw the following sitting on the table...


A folder of sickie activities, I believe.

At first glance I was shocked to see what looked like the word "git." This is pretty surprising since he has a 95% or higher record of finding spelling errors in his test practice book.

Upon further perusal, however, I looked at his other "e's" and decided he's going for the nearly illegible look (good thing they don't test on penmenship).

So he either dotted his "g" or his "e," or he had some unfortunate slip of the green marker on the file folder that he neglected to ask permission to use.

But his heart was in the right place....though, I would have said, "Hope you get better soon," as opposed to Nolan's version which sounds like it's a 50/50 chance of survival, at best.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Upon further reflection, it could also read, "Hope you git bitter!!!"

Bonus points awarded for putting the punctuation within quotation marks.

3/09/2010 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That's what I thought when I first saw it - "Hope you git bitter!"

Trevor, I hope you survive too!

3/09/2010 09:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a Hebrew letter. Gimel? Or ... something.... Perhaps he is channeling one of prophets. You know how they liked to ... challenge people .... ?

Tim

3/12/2010 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home