Spring Thoughts
Here are a couple more pics from my walk-abouts, taken while the three boys were testing their hearts out a fortnight ago.
Two free-spirited Canadian geese, blissfully ignoring the warning signs that read: "DO NOT STAND ON SPILLWAY."

In sharp contrast, I found this scardy-cat group of minnows by the stream's edge.
Round and round and round they went, playing it safe and pretty much going nowhere.
In other news, we are enjoying a nice warm-up in the weather. Carolyn was out a-diggin' her garden patch, readying it for the potatoes later this week. She stopped soon after her heart starting thumping and racing, but she should still be able to finish up if she goes easy. And maybe her decrepit old mother will pitch in and help :-)
It's a good example of why I don't require her to shovel snow in the winter.
The non-burnable trash has piled up in the cans again, so it's time for Ma to make a run to the dump, which nicely coincides with stopping by The Big Marsh to look for ducks and pelicans on the way home. I can hardly wait! Pictures to come...you can count on it.
We actually had farmers harvesting corn down the road last week (across from Washington Reformed Church). March harvest is pretty unusual. The snows came up and stayed all winter, leaving some farmers with fields unfinished. I've lived here since '94 and this is the first time I remember it happening. Course, there were a few hazy years in there when I was either pregnant or nursing and basically out of it, brain-wise.
It's a miracle any of us survived.
In other news, only 9 weeks of school left!
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!
And after that, only a few more years of my immediate involvement, then I'll be reduced to filling out forms, making up transcripts, watching out for slackers, and sweating bullets over testing. I won't have to actually teach and drill the basics, which was kinda fun at first, but lost its charm after the first 20 years.
In the meantime, garden plans promise distraction from the evils of seat work.
Tweet
Two free-spirited Canadian geese, blissfully ignoring the warning signs that read: "DO NOT STAND ON SPILLWAY."
In sharp contrast, I found this scardy-cat group of minnows by the stream's edge.
In other news, we are enjoying a nice warm-up in the weather. Carolyn was out a-diggin' her garden patch, readying it for the potatoes later this week. She stopped soon after her heart starting thumping and racing, but she should still be able to finish up if she goes easy. And maybe her decrepit old mother will pitch in and help :-)
It's a good example of why I don't require her to shovel snow in the winter.
The non-burnable trash has piled up in the cans again, so it's time for Ma to make a run to the dump, which nicely coincides with stopping by The Big Marsh to look for ducks and pelicans on the way home. I can hardly wait! Pictures to come...you can count on it.
We actually had farmers harvesting corn down the road last week (across from Washington Reformed Church). March harvest is pretty unusual. The snows came up and stayed all winter, leaving some farmers with fields unfinished. I've lived here since '94 and this is the first time I remember it happening. Course, there were a few hazy years in there when I was either pregnant or nursing and basically out of it, brain-wise.
It's a miracle any of us survived.
In other news, only 9 weeks of school left!
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!
And after that, only a few more years of my immediate involvement, then I'll be reduced to filling out forms, making up transcripts, watching out for slackers, and sweating bullets over testing. I won't have to actually teach and drill the basics, which was kinda fun at first, but lost its charm after the first 20 years.
In the meantime, garden plans promise distraction from the evils of seat work.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home