Great Day
Why, you ask? Well I'll tell you.
Ma got on the scale this morning for the big, depressing ("Oh-great-how-far-up-did-we-go-THIS-time") weigh-in, and discovered (Ta-DAH!) I hadn't regained NEAR-ly as much as I'd thought :-D
This may not seem like news to anyone else, but it's HUGE to me! (ha, ha, just a small corpulent joke, there)
(and now, I'll try to refrain from parenthesized talk and exclamation points, as in....after this paragraph)
Today was the first day of OMTANMe, or "One Month To A New Me."
Every good endeavor needs an acronym, right? And by the way, the accent goes on the second syllable..."om-TAN-Me," with an "ah" pronunciation, rather than short "a," as in "cat." Accuracy is very important. Particularly if I get interviewed by the The New York Times, or the equally famous, Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman .
But all finer linguistic points aside, the important thing to remember is that I'll be giving regular reports on my progress, with my usual, non-narcissistic flair.
Have a great day, everyone!
Tweet
Ma got on the scale this morning for the big, depressing ("Oh-great-how-far-up-did-we-go-THIS-time") weigh-in, and discovered (Ta-DAH!) I hadn't regained NEAR-ly as much as I'd thought :-D
This may not seem like news to anyone else, but it's HUGE to me! (ha, ha, just a small corpulent joke, there)
(and now, I'll try to refrain from parenthesized talk and exclamation points, as in....after this paragraph)
Today was the first day of OMTANMe, or "One Month To A New Me."
Every good endeavor needs an acronym, right? And by the way, the accent goes on the second syllable..."om-TAN-Me," with an "ah" pronunciation, rather than short "a," as in "cat." Accuracy is very important. Particularly if I get interviewed by the The New York Times, or the equally famous, Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman .
But all finer linguistic points aside, the important thing to remember is that I'll be giving regular reports on my progress, with my usual, non-narcissistic flair.
Have a great day, everyone!
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home