Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Weepy

It being cool and foggy, I did my pre-breakfast 2 miles on the basement treadmill.

Things went downhill from there.

Monday is always tricky, morale-wise. It's the beginning of "school" and the world looks bleak again, after those heady weekend days of freedom.

In addition, Monday brings the dreaded new spelling words, necessitating typing them into their computers.

For some reason, this task seemed insurmountable for Trevor, this morning. As in an 8-10 minute job taking 45 minutes or more, with muchos tearos.

From there it went to "too many math problems!"....*sob*...that were "too hard!"...*sob*...."It's too noisy in here!"....*sniff*...."I'll never get done!"....*sob*...*sniff"...*hiccup*...

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought he was channeling a weepy teen in the throes of hormonal implosion.

Somehow we got through the morning. Even awful flashcards, made all the harder by residual effects of two previous meltdowns.

Ma earned her afternoon nap following lunch and dishes!

Which was just about the time Loren went up in the attic to start sawing wood and pounding nails.

But it all worked out.

I got some rest AND went out on a 4-mile walk :-)

Course, then I needed another nap, but still....

Fast forward to 45 minutes ago and bedtime: "It's my turn to sit on that side of Mommy..."

"No..it's MY turn!"

(for some reason, sitting at the right hand of Mommy is a big deal)

THEN it was on to the bedroom and who got to be sung to first, Trevor or Nolan....

(BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY!!)

I opted to make everyone unhappy and not sing at all, so yeah....I think that went well.

Just another adventure from "The Good, the Bad and the Weepy."
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Wanting to sit at your right hand? Sounds like James and John fighting over Jesus.

9/22/2010 06:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home