The OMTANMe Report - week 3
Ma is goin' with a Thursday weigh-in this week. And the verdict is....
Good :-) Lost another 1.5 pounds, making a total loss of 3 pounds, so far.
I will leave for Indiana and Canada, two weeks from tomorrow, and my goal is to lose 2 or 3 more pounds.
Doesn't sound like a momentous weight-loss, but at least we are going in the right direction.
In other news, I've been mystified that the hummingbirds were pretty scarce, this year.
Finally, a couple came around today. Close enough to take pictures, anyway.
They hardly ever drink the sugar water, just sit around and wait...

...or scratch those pesky bird mites.

I expect they'll be gone soon, after they tank up before heading south. Though frankly, they spend most of their time not eating, but making sure that other hummers don't get to the nectar, either.
Fierce, but not terribly smart, heh, heh.
_____________
The second stage of Ma's 3-day birthday bash includes going out to dinner and a movie with El Hubbo, tonight :-D
Just in time, too. The youngest boys were driving me nuts, this morning. It's very hard when you have to correct them in reading, for instance. There's a constant tricky balance to be maintained between the parent and teacher role. Too much pointing out of errors and they take it personally, getting all upset and weepy. Too little and they turn into slackers.
It would probably help if I assumed an alter ego. Something along the lines of Miss Nelson/Viola Swamp.
Yep, I might wanna give that some thought...
Tweet
Good :-) Lost another 1.5 pounds, making a total loss of 3 pounds, so far.
I will leave for Indiana and Canada, two weeks from tomorrow, and my goal is to lose 2 or 3 more pounds.
Doesn't sound like a momentous weight-loss, but at least we are going in the right direction.
In other news, I've been mystified that the hummingbirds were pretty scarce, this year.
Finally, a couple came around today. Close enough to take pictures, anyway.
They hardly ever drink the sugar water, just sit around and wait...
...or scratch those pesky bird mites.
I expect they'll be gone soon, after they tank up before heading south. Though frankly, they spend most of their time not eating, but making sure that other hummers don't get to the nectar, either.
Fierce, but not terribly smart, heh, heh.
_____________
The second stage of Ma's 3-day birthday bash includes going out to dinner and a movie with El Hubbo, tonight :-D
Just in time, too. The youngest boys were driving me nuts, this morning. It's very hard when you have to correct them in reading, for instance. There's a constant tricky balance to be maintained between the parent and teacher role. Too much pointing out of errors and they take it personally, getting all upset and weepy. Too little and they turn into slackers.
It would probably help if I assumed an alter ego. Something along the lines of Miss Nelson/Viola Swamp.
Yep, I might wanna give that some thought...
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home