Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ma Eyes Friday

That's when I go down to Cedar Rapids and cash in my Half Price book card!

It was a Christmas present for Ardith and Justin, and it includes dinner at a restaurant!!

Plus an over-night!

Can you tell I am pumped?!?

I've got a working book list, of items to look for, and I should figure out what kind of food I want to eat...let's see...I'm thinking Peking Duck, but it's not set in stone.

(actually, I'd be happy to eat at Arby's or McDonald's, or a sandwich from HyVee)

With that goal in mind, and to keep up my pretense of keeping up (with chores), Ethan and I mowed half the lawn, today. Quite a bit easier without the heat advisories. With any luck, we'll only have to do it 3 or 4 more times, this year.

Then it's a matter of finishing the lawn, getting groceries and making sure we have supplies for next week, when school starts (ugh...don't want to think about it!).

In other news, the kids have gotten me to participate in their card games of "Scum," which they learned from their New Zealand cousins.

It can be fun, and I look on it as an opportunity to do something with them besides the usual. Nolan looks on it as another opportunity to get mad if he comes in last.

Ah, the joy of playing with one's children.

In other news, the well guys finally came today and changed out the pump motor. I took pictures through our dirty window, so that'll be an exciting upcoming post for the thousands of blog fans.

Maybe, if I put up photos, Loren will comment and explain what's going on. I confess to some lack of interest in motor phases and the intricate workings of the water system.

I'm just funny, that way.

However, I can really dig this eating-out-and-going-to-the-bookstore, gig.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home