Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Results

I refer to the OMTANMe, or One Month To A New Me, gimmick campaign.

It's not quite time for the official report, but I can safely say, at this moment in time, that I have started to lose weight.

Plus, I walked "around the mile" with Carolyn, right before lunch. That's FOUR MILES, for people that don't live in sensible places with non-curvy roads.

My two pronged-attack involving change of diet and increased exercise, is still viable!

I like to call the food component, LCMP, which stands for Less Chocolate More Pickle.

Every time I get that ol' hankering for a toothsome morsel, I crunch on a fourth or half of a large, dill pickle. No calories!

They're fairly tasty, as long as you don't indulge too often. However, eating several close to bedtime has the same effect as drinking too much water.

Another safe food: apples, which are just starting to ripen on the trees (must pick...soon).

For the first two days of the new regimen, I allowed myself one chocolate, each day. Since then it's been two per day.

Akin to plugging the BP leak, only more verifiable.

This Friday, we'll have the first, official weigh-in. Come on, scales...don't fail me now!

I'm still dealing with a digital readout that doesn't completely....read out, but I'm fairly certain I have it correct, thus far.

In other news, I anticipate an unenthusiastic start to the school year, since Nolan and Trevor have been working right along during the summer. It's not been every day, and it's not been for as long, each day, but it's enough for them to feel like school has never stopped. And soon, it will get even longer.

Maybe next summer we can have more of a break.

It all depends on their test results...
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

"... has the same effect as drinking water" ?? Really Mommy?! You've got to be kidding me. I mean, how much water can be in... oh never mind, wI can't believe I'm even asking that! You made me laugh so hard. :)

9/01/2010 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Oh good :-)

9/02/2010 01:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home