Master Gardener and Commander
Ma's got a MG gig, tonight.
I'll be sitting in for the Hardin Co. Extension Coordinator at the Master Gardener class, since he has a commitment to moderate a forum at the local community college. It doesn't involve much really, besides showing up. The class is via Adobe Connect from Iowa State College.
Adobe Connect is where they illustrate the concepts of the class through a video feed of ISU professors manipulating small, sun-baked, clay bricks. Tonight's topic: Landscape Trees and Shrubs.
I'm assuming they've used extra straw for the shrubbery bricks.
ANY-way, Melinda and I are heading over after an early supper. We get to apply these hours to our continuing education requirements.
("Please...nobody ask me a question...I don't know that much...")
And on Thursday, I'm meeting with a lady from Minnesota (or is it Wisconsin? I always get them mixed up...) concerning a small garden in a local park. She and her husband have been responsible for its upkeep, but it's getting to be too much for them, and I volunteered to take it over.
And I'm serious about taking it over...it's going to include armaments, SCUD missles...the works!
Ha, ha. OF COURSE I am kidding.
SCUDs are so passé. I would definitely go with laser-based weaponry.
*sigh*...no, it's upkeep along the lines of weeding and mulching. Not a big deal, since it merely involves four sides of a small building.
I think even this aging matriarch can handle it.
But back to tonight, the kids always love it when I'm away, since that usually means....VIDEOS!
The first possibility didn't exactly pan out. The "Long John Silver" DVD from Goodwill didn't play properly, so now we have the exciting drama of picking out a new movie.
I'll let them fight it out, after I leave to conquer the Seven Seeds.
Tweet
I'll be sitting in for the Hardin Co. Extension Coordinator at the Master Gardener class, since he has a commitment to moderate a forum at the local community college. It doesn't involve much really, besides showing up. The class is via Adobe Connect from Iowa State College.
Adobe Connect is where they illustrate the concepts of the class through a video feed of ISU professors manipulating small, sun-baked, clay bricks. Tonight's topic: Landscape Trees and Shrubs.
I'm assuming they've used extra straw for the shrubbery bricks.
ANY-way, Melinda and I are heading over after an early supper. We get to apply these hours to our continuing education requirements.
("Please...nobody ask me a question...I don't know that much...")
And on Thursday, I'm meeting with a lady from Minnesota (or is it Wisconsin? I always get them mixed up...) concerning a small garden in a local park. She and her husband have been responsible for its upkeep, but it's getting to be too much for them, and I volunteered to take it over.
And I'm serious about taking it over...it's going to include armaments, SCUD missles...the works!
Ha, ha. OF COURSE I am kidding.
SCUDs are so passé. I would definitely go with laser-based weaponry.
*sigh*...no, it's upkeep along the lines of weeding and mulching. Not a big deal, since it merely involves four sides of a small building.
I think even this aging matriarch can handle it.
But back to tonight, the kids always love it when I'm away, since that usually means....VIDEOS!
The first possibility didn't exactly pan out. The "Long John Silver" DVD from Goodwill didn't play properly, so now we have the exciting drama of picking out a new movie.
I'll let them fight it out, after I leave to conquer the Seven Seeds.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home