Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, June 03, 2011

Life in the Yard

June is bustin' out all over, as they say :-)

We have a pretty iris, in the front rock garden.

(I could have done a better crop-job, but then again, I don't wish to intimidate people with perfection, ha ha)

Robin-Cam!
Looks like the two little birdies are gaining some down feathers. I've named them Rob and Robette, hatched 3 and 2 days ago, respectively. You can probably figure out which one is Rob...

I know this is a flower repeat, but the Spiderwort and Rue Anenome look so lovely together...
...like twinkling jewels in the grass.

Just starting to bloom, Toadflax :-) otherwise known as Wild Spapdragon or Butter-n-Eggs.
True, it is the bane of farmers, being quite invasive, but it makes a lovely massing in that garden and is quite easy to pull.

Chipper the Chipping Sparrow.
Sure he is common, but very dapper, nonetheless. He's perched on the dead section of my Japanese Tree Lilac, which the deer tried to destroy but remains alive through basal shoots.

Nah, nah....you didn't beat me, deer.

Things that grow always give me hope.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home