Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, July 01, 2011

My (Kendra's) Way

(Start out reflectively and build to the end)

And now, the end is near,
Oh wait that's wrong...I've got two years, yet!
My friends, I'll say it clear,
Some day I hope, to drive a cor-vette.

But first, I have to learn,
To slow it down, along the byway.
I'll work, I'll study hard,
And do it MY....way.

Regrets, I've had a few,
But what's the point of telling others.
It on-ly gives more grist
For silly songs, written by Moth-er.

I wish, she weren't so hip,
So very cool, tan über blasé.
But still, I must press on,
And do it MY.....way.

{Big, full, chorus}
So--bring--me jaundice, strep, syncope,
I'll grab my bag, my stethoscope.
I love the thrill, drama and such,
Cadaver labs (well, not so much).
Show me disease,
And if you please,
I'll heal it MY....way.


{with a thoughtful, glittering tone}
My tools, bright shiny tools,
The scalpels which, I love so dearly,
Flash-light, blood pressure cuff,
It is the stuff, which makes them fear me,

But I, will be so kind,
That they won't mind...it when I poke them.
It's not the pay, but just to say,
I did it MY....way.

{BIG finish...let's hear it!}
For---what---is---a man, sinew and bone,
Some manganese, and H2O,
Iron and Lead, Sulfur and Zinc,
Aluminum, Cobalt (I think),
From time to time, it blows my mind, (but!)
I'll learn it SOME.....day.

{softly and reverently}
I'll be a “P--A”


apologies to Paul Anka and Frank Sinatra
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) :-) :-) !!!!

7/01/2011 06:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Franci said...

You're great, Aunt Bekky! :-)

7/02/2011 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Ha ha ha, brilliant! And what does Kendra have to say to this??

7/06/2011 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home