Sorry, Sorry, Sorry
I realized again this morning that I have not been very attentive to posting of late. Truthfully, I have been struggling with some issuess that are weighing on my mind, but let's just forget those for a while and see if we can't look on the bright side :-)
At the moment, it is raining outside. The skies are gray, though it's hard to tell exactly how gray since a hazy fog is approaching.
The GOOD part of this, however, is that the moisture can only help keep my newly planted trees alive. I think! You remember....the trees sent for planting last week, barely making it here before the start of December?
Also, it's supposed to change over to snow during the night. We could get a couple of inches, though nothing like they had out in Indiana, causing slippery roads and power outages.
Looking forward to Derek and Melinda coming back from Texas, next week! When kids go to college in the Lone Star state, there's no seeing them except during the lone, long, break between semesters. But it will be nice to have more people in the house, I think. Not quite used to only 4 children hanging around.
Speaking of children, I promised the kids I'd get the Christmas decorations down from the attic. Usually this also involves some cleaning...and now you know why I put this off, ha ha.
Already I have a few plans about rearranging and getting rid of items. Should be done with decorating by the 24th, I imagine. Nothing like Kendra, who had her little apartment all decorated before she came up at Thanksgiving.
Other than that, we are still plugging away at school (only two more weeks until Christmas break!!!) A few knocked off subjects, here and there, due to coughs and colds. I think all of our minds need a vacation. For instance, on Friday Trevor did lesson #42 in math instead of lesson #52. Math is arduous enough without unknowingly doing lessons twice.
On the media front, Loren brought down an old DVD player and an old VHS machine, from upstairs. Looks like the Christmas videos are back in business! Probably put one of them to use this afternoon while I venture down the gravel road to cut purdy red twigs from the scrub dogwood in the ditch.
Well, I sense the sound of pounding feet on the stairway, meaning I had best get up to that attic...
Tweet
At the moment, it is raining outside. The skies are gray, though it's hard to tell exactly how gray since a hazy fog is approaching.
The GOOD part of this, however, is that the moisture can only help keep my newly planted trees alive. I think! You remember....the trees sent for planting last week, barely making it here before the start of December?
Also, it's supposed to change over to snow during the night. We could get a couple of inches, though nothing like they had out in Indiana, causing slippery roads and power outages.
Looking forward to Derek and Melinda coming back from Texas, next week! When kids go to college in the Lone Star state, there's no seeing them except during the lone, long, break between semesters. But it will be nice to have more people in the house, I think. Not quite used to only 4 children hanging around.
Speaking of children, I promised the kids I'd get the Christmas decorations down from the attic. Usually this also involves some cleaning...and now you know why I put this off, ha ha.
Already I have a few plans about rearranging and getting rid of items. Should be done with decorating by the 24th, I imagine. Nothing like Kendra, who had her little apartment all decorated before she came up at Thanksgiving.
Other than that, we are still plugging away at school (only two more weeks until Christmas break!!!) A few knocked off subjects, here and there, due to coughs and colds. I think all of our minds need a vacation. For instance, on Friday Trevor did lesson #42 in math instead of lesson #52. Math is arduous enough without unknowingly doing lessons twice.
On the media front, Loren brought down an old DVD player and an old VHS machine, from upstairs. Looks like the Christmas videos are back in business! Probably put one of them to use this afternoon while I venture down the gravel road to cut purdy red twigs from the scrub dogwood in the ditch.
Well, I sense the sound of pounding feet on the stairway, meaning I had best get up to that attic...
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home