Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, November 11, 2011

Out Indiana-way

Wanted to let everyone know we are safely in Indiana....oops, sorry Loren...just realized I forgot to call you.

Anyway, we are safely here :-D

Stopped at the last travel plaza (to change clothes) before leaving the toll road and then went right to the viewing at the funeral home. So my mind was on that and then we got visiting with people and before you know it, I am here and realizing I forgot to call home.

Several people came that I was totally not expecting and it really touched my heart.

Mr. and Mrs. Felts, my music history and piano (and theory) teacher. And as a special surprise, her daughter Alicia (and her two girls). I haven't seen Alicia since college so I guess that's....oh....over 30 years.

Also, Rich and Theresa Dick. Very special to see them and I think most people would not drive an hour to do this, but then, we are talking about very exceptional folks.

At the very end a couple walked in and we were preparing to leave, and it turned out to be Lowell and Diane Nofzinger (hope I spelled that right). Hadn't seen them in over 30 years and frankly, they looked WAY too young...but to get back to the point, they had returned to the later viewing after seeing I wasn't there at the earlier one.

Ma was floored. Really, people are so sweet. Mom and Dad touched a lot of lives, here.

Had good (but too short) visits with my brothers and sister, a nephew or two and assorted spouses.

And concerning Mom, it is very strange to see your mother lying in a casket, not quite looking like she did in life because it is simply impossible to do justice....well, anyway...

We had a good trip out. I am very thankful for Justin and Ardith taking me in their car. Made it easy for Ma!

After we got down to Warsaw we spent a little time at Tysons with the idea that we could practice for special music since they have a piano. Which they don't have, any more. But we messed about and I guess people will understand if it isn't perfect.

Again, sorry I did not report in earlier.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home