I Just Don't Know
Seriously running out of ideas for blog titles. "What I Did Today" is not only unimaginative, but after several years, it starts to reek of self-interest.
Still, if not me, who will tell my story?
______________
Today was another fun-fill extravaganza of getting up, doing some foot exercises, putting on my shoes with their orthopedic inserts as soon as possible and repeating this simple phrase,
"I am not an old geezer...I am not an old geezer."
After boosting my spirits, I proceeded through the usual routine of adjuring certain peoples to start their school, hitting the treadmill, and then returning upstairs to see who was goofing off.
I did learn something new, however. Did you know you can get two blisters on top of each other? I didn't. But at least it's on my "good" foot (this is the one that was "bad" earlier in the year. But now it doesn't hurt as much as the other one, so that makes it "good").
The usual catching up on news in front of the computer, interspersed with diplomatic negotiations concerning who does the dishes and gets the mail and plays with what tractor...oh wait, aren't you supposed to be doing school?
Lunch was late because we had a slight interruption when "14 Stripe" (the tomato hornworm) was found missing from his box of dirt, with only the barest of tomato leaf stem left as a goodbye note.
We decided he had burrowed into the dirt overnight, like his friend.
Until Trevor found him on the floor by the dishwasher, still intact.
THAT was close.
We made it through another day, however, partially sustained with the knowledge that tonight would be the first game of The World Series. Ethan dug out one of his old "Cardinal" shirts for Trevor to wear, and then Trevor and Nolan proceeded to spend the first half of the game drawing up rally posters for their respective teams (Nolan - Texas Rangers).
However, by the end of the game (Cardinals won, 3-2) Nolan's allegiance had swung to the Cardinals.
I'll get back to you on his status if the Rangers take the lead in games.
Tomorrow will be a ginormous day (wow...the spell-check didn't even blink at "ginormous") with trips to two libraries and several stores for the weekly shopping. Ethan gets new socks AND new shoes (or used, if Goodwill produces), so I'm telling him it's his birthday present. Just not right away.
Other than that, things are pretty much the same...oh wait, Ethan found two long-lost bratwurst in the freezer...we had meat for supper! (remember, tomorrow is shopping day). Who said miracles don't happen any more?
Also finished my David McCullough book, The Greater Journey, about Americans who studied/spent time in Paris during the 19th century. Extremely interesting. Now I need to go back to an art museum and look at the pictures, again.
I always enjoy Mr. McCullough's books. Not only is he a superb writer of the history genre, but if you're racing to get done before the book is due, it's so nice to glance at the back and see those 70 pages of source notes and think, "Dude! I am going to finish after all!
Thank you, Mr. M.
Tweet
Still, if not me, who will tell my story?
______________
Today was another fun-fill extravaganza of getting up, doing some foot exercises, putting on my shoes with their orthopedic inserts as soon as possible and repeating this simple phrase,
"I am not an old geezer...I am not an old geezer."
After boosting my spirits, I proceeded through the usual routine of adjuring certain peoples to start their school, hitting the treadmill, and then returning upstairs to see who was goofing off.
I did learn something new, however. Did you know you can get two blisters on top of each other? I didn't. But at least it's on my "good" foot (this is the one that was "bad" earlier in the year. But now it doesn't hurt as much as the other one, so that makes it "good").
The usual catching up on news in front of the computer, interspersed with diplomatic negotiations concerning who does the dishes and gets the mail and plays with what tractor...oh wait, aren't you supposed to be doing school?
Lunch was late because we had a slight interruption when "14 Stripe" (the tomato hornworm) was found missing from his box of dirt, with only the barest of tomato leaf stem left as a goodbye note.
We decided he had burrowed into the dirt overnight, like his friend.
Until Trevor found him on the floor by the dishwasher, still intact.
THAT was close.
We made it through another day, however, partially sustained with the knowledge that tonight would be the first game of The World Series. Ethan dug out one of his old "Cardinal" shirts for Trevor to wear, and then Trevor and Nolan proceeded to spend the first half of the game drawing up rally posters for their respective teams (Nolan - Texas Rangers).
However, by the end of the game (Cardinals won, 3-2) Nolan's allegiance had swung to the Cardinals.
I'll get back to you on his status if the Rangers take the lead in games.
Tomorrow will be a ginormous day (wow...the spell-check didn't even blink at "ginormous") with trips to two libraries and several stores for the weekly shopping. Ethan gets new socks AND new shoes (or used, if Goodwill produces), so I'm telling him it's his birthday present. Just not right away.
Other than that, things are pretty much the same...oh wait, Ethan found two long-lost bratwurst in the freezer...we had meat for supper! (remember, tomorrow is shopping day). Who said miracles don't happen any more?
Also finished my David McCullough book, The Greater Journey, about Americans who studied/spent time in Paris during the 19th century. Extremely interesting. Now I need to go back to an art museum and look at the pictures, again.
I always enjoy Mr. McCullough's books. Not only is he a superb writer of the history genre, but if you're racing to get done before the book is due, it's so nice to glance at the back and see those 70 pages of source notes and think, "Dude! I am going to finish after all!
Thank you, Mr. M.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home