Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, October 07, 2011

Swimming With Piranhas

We received word earlier today that Loren's brother, Mark, has been moved up in status from 1b to 1a on the heart transplant list.

We are very thankful, as this increases the chances of remedying his dangerous situation even sooner.

Much more trivial, but in the spirit of newsiness, I was able to schedule a mammogram just before my appointment for suture removed. So that was helpful for the sake of not having to drive back again on another day.

The stitches came out fine, as far as I could tell. Just a bit of stinging and tugging. She said everything looked good.

I also stopped over at "Got You Covered" and had a good yak-an-hour with Deb Currier. Definitely the highlight of my day :-)

Things went slightly downhill from there, as I returned home and had to deal with another issue concerning He-who-shall-not-be-named. A fairly regular occurrence that got old a long, long time ago. It's a different kind of danger.

Did get in a wee nap, though I remember now that I was aware of some soreness, rolling over in bed. And I mention this because later, while fixing supper, there was a definite stinging sensation so I reached around with my hand to my back--not the easiest of maneuvers, and discovered the sewn-together-and-supposedly-healed-parts had separated. Time to scrounge up a few band-aids!

Nevermind. It doesn't really matter that instead of a semi-smooth place there will be a semi-cavern.

I'll just tell people I went swimming with piranhas.
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Awww! Sorry to hear about your back, Mommy! I mean, the stitches popping. I mean, oh wait, they were out... that doesn't make any sense! Should have had Kendra do it! :)

10/09/2011 08:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home