One More Day...
...until the end of the school week!
And with the exception of Monday and Tuesday, it hasn't been that bad.
Monday is always daunting because no matter what, you can't change the fact that you're starting a new school week and certain things have to be done.
Like getting out of bed and facing the family.
Also, there's that business of putting new spelling words on the computer, which is certain agony for Nolan and Trevor (and therefore, me). It makes that particular morning take longer, and if you mess up a word and have to redo the list, it really makes the morning take longer.
I guess we need a different program for spelling words, where you don't have to retype the entire list if one word gets entered incorrectly.
But when you're working in a free market society, and more importantly, working with free share-ware that is oh...20 years old, you have certain prices you pay, which in our case would involve retyping an entire list of words to compensate for one error.
Wouldn't it be wonderful, say...if there were people in the family who were computer savvy...I don't know, maybe in the area of programming or something along those lines, who could direct me to newer share-ware, or...now I know this is com-PLETELY off the wall...perhaps even develop a program for their younger siblings which would take care of that little hassle...?
Well, first things first in the area of technological improvement. Trevor would probably prefer a light sabre.
However, I did have something quite boffo happen, today. I was cruising through my Facebook page...you know, glancing through thethousands of mind-numbing copy-n-paste postings for signs of any life outside of being surrounded by fields and watching grasshoppers crawl up the windows, when I spied an announcement for free shipping from Christian Book Distributors, TODAY ONLY (!) for Facebook likers, like--me :-D
Oh yes! Ma had postponed buying the final volumes of a particular history course, and now, due to perfect timing of....something--maybe that satellite falling into earth's atmosphere?--I had hit the jackpot of free shipping opportunity-ness-itivity.
And I was pleased to see they had one of the test booklet/keys that I could not find, earlier.
If that isn't the equivalent of being asked to jump into a chocolate pool, then my name isn't "Ma."
Ordered and shipped, baby!
I is so, SO happy :-)
Couple that with tomorrow being Friday and I think there just might be enough moral invigoration to help the boys organize (read: do yet more cleaning of) their room.
Tweet
And with the exception of Monday and Tuesday, it hasn't been that bad.
Monday is always daunting because no matter what, you can't change the fact that you're starting a new school week and certain things have to be done.
Like getting out of bed and facing the family.
Also, there's that business of putting new spelling words on the computer, which is certain agony for Nolan and Trevor (and therefore, me). It makes that particular morning take longer, and if you mess up a word and have to redo the list, it really makes the morning take longer.
I guess we need a different program for spelling words, where you don't have to retype the entire list if one word gets entered incorrectly.
But when you're working in a free market society, and more importantly, working with free share-ware that is oh...20 years old, you have certain prices you pay, which in our case would involve retyping an entire list of words to compensate for one error.
Wouldn't it be wonderful, say...if there were people in the family who were computer savvy...I don't know, maybe in the area of programming or something along those lines, who could direct me to newer share-ware, or...now I know this is com-PLETELY off the wall...perhaps even develop a program for their younger siblings which would take care of that little hassle...?
Well, first things first in the area of technological improvement. Trevor would probably prefer a light sabre.
However, I did have something quite boffo happen, today. I was cruising through my Facebook page...you know, glancing through the
Oh yes! Ma had postponed buying the final volumes of a particular history course, and now, due to perfect timing of....something--maybe that satellite falling into earth's atmosphere?--I had hit the jackpot of free shipping opportunity-ness-itivity.
And I was pleased to see they had one of the test booklet/keys that I could not find, earlier.
If that isn't the equivalent of being asked to jump into a chocolate pool, then my name isn't "Ma."
Ordered and shipped, baby!
I is so, SO happy :-)
Couple that with tomorrow being Friday and I think there just might be enough moral invigoration to help the boys organize (read: do yet more cleaning of) their room.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
Who da MA??! :)
Oh and Mommy, see, Facebook isn't a total loss yet? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home