Ma Turns 35!
Er....make that 53.
You know how it is with us old folks...mixing things up and all. Just as long as no one takes away my ellipses....
And before I get started with the birthday doin's, I do hope this post turns out, seeing as it is in the "new blogger." I had misgivings and have put off switching to their new format. But they've assured me that it's "safe" and "clean," so now I'm just killing time until someone shows up at the door with pure heroin and sterilized needles.
I'm KIDDING! People kid when they get old, folks. And if you throw in a burned-out homeschooling mother with varicose veins and "change of life," well...just consider yourself lucky you don't wind up impaled with a white-hot titanium spear.
Kidding again, of course!
Titanium is way too expensive for me.
(There, Derek...glad I posted?)
Ha ha...don't mind me, I am in a weird mood. Woke up a little bummed as I figured it wouldn't work out today for going to a movie and dinner. Decided we would just have the birthday bash meal and movie here at home, instead :-)
And I got bonus gifts by Trevor and Nolan finishing up much of their school ahead of schedule, and Carolyn and Ethan doing my share of the dishes today :-D Those kids are definitely in the will, as is Derek, who called earlier this evening.
I gave myself a break on the treadmill and only went four miles. And that was guilt-free since I'd already stacked up 4.25 extra miles, by Wednesday night. Hooray fer Ma!
The Mexican Chicken was a tad dry, but still palatable, and the tortilla roll-ups and chunky applesauce were fine. But the pièce de résistance was the Almond Joy Cake, or as they say across the pond, "Gâteau de Joie d'Amande." Turned out pretty well, considering it used sliced almonds bought back at Christmastime, ha ha.
Rich stuff. Even Ethan said it was fairly good, if eaten with chocolate, not vanilla ice cream.
I had been looking hopelessly among my book piles for a Marx Brothers movie I know is still there, somewhere: Animal Crackers. Couldn't find it and then ran across Court Jester with Danny Kaye, down in the VHS closet.
For a $.79 purchase at Goodwill, we certainly got our money's worth! Laughed ourselves silly. Will definitely have to show that to whatever older kids stop in for Christmas (Kendra, you are NOT allowed to look that up on YouTube).
Then we practiced some special music for this Sunday night at Washington Reformed Church. After changing the second number to a different song each of the past three nights, I think I've finally hit a keeper.
You have to be patient with old people, dontcha know.
Even if they're 35. Tweet
And before I get started with the birthday doin's, I do hope this post turns out, seeing as it is in the "new blogger." I had misgivings and have put off switching to their new format. But they've assured me that it's "safe" and "clean," so now I'm just killing time until someone shows up at the door with pure heroin and sterilized needles.
I'm KIDDING! People kid when they get old, folks. And if you throw in a burned-out homeschooling mother with varicose veins and "change of life," well...just consider yourself lucky you don't wind up impaled with a white-hot titanium spear.
Kidding again, of course!
Titanium is way too expensive for me.
(There, Derek...glad I posted?)
Ha ha...don't mind me, I am in a weird mood. Woke up a little bummed as I figured it wouldn't work out today for going to a movie and dinner. Decided we would just have the birthday bash meal and movie here at home, instead :-)
And I got bonus gifts by Trevor and Nolan finishing up much of their school ahead of schedule, and Carolyn and Ethan doing my share of the dishes today :-D Those kids are definitely in the will, as is Derek, who called earlier this evening.
I gave myself a break on the treadmill and only went four miles. And that was guilt-free since I'd already stacked up 4.25 extra miles, by Wednesday night. Hooray fer Ma!
The Mexican Chicken was a tad dry, but still palatable, and the tortilla roll-ups and chunky applesauce were fine. But the pièce de résistance was the Almond Joy Cake, or as they say across the pond, "Gâteau de Joie d'Amande." Turned out pretty well, considering it used sliced almonds bought back at Christmastime, ha ha.
Rich stuff. Even Ethan said it was fairly good, if eaten with chocolate, not vanilla ice cream.
I had been looking hopelessly among my book piles for a Marx Brothers movie I know is still there, somewhere: Animal Crackers. Couldn't find it and then ran across Court Jester with Danny Kaye, down in the VHS closet.
For a $.79 purchase at Goodwill, we certainly got our money's worth! Laughed ourselves silly. Will definitely have to show that to whatever older kids stop in for Christmas (Kendra, you are NOT allowed to look that up on YouTube).
Then we practiced some special music for this Sunday night at Washington Reformed Church. After changing the second number to a different song each of the past three nights, I think I've finally hit a keeper.
You have to be patient with old people, dontcha know.
Even if they're 35. Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home