Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, August 26, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow!

Early wake-up call for just before 6am. Then we leave--Carolyn, Ethan, Trevor and I--for the big metropolis of Des Moines (pronounced, "Dez MOY-neez").

Why?

For a first-time event in our family...The Great White Coat Ceremony.

This is where the prospective doctors, physician assistants, and physical therapists go through a graduation-like ceremony where they officially don the white coat of medical-dom!

(I was going to make reference to a previously held (imaginary) ceremony involving great white sharks, but couldn't get a version that would be completely family friendly. It was terribly funny, however...)

Kendra tells me the PA's go up on stage first, after which she'll be using the rest of the ceremony time to study her flash cards.

These medical people...so dedicated!

Nolan has opted to stay home with Loren, probably because he (Nolan) gets to pick out a movie to watch. I told him his day could also be rearranged by Daddy if labor is needed from the lad.

Can't wait to see how that all works out :-)

Speaking of work, I spent 5.75 hours weeding at the courthouse, today. I'd intended to get in a full six, but had to make another annoying phone call to the medical insurance company, which seems determined to have their records wrong concerning who is on what policy, which is primary, etc.

I am learning lots with each call.

Mostly how much I hate making the calls, particularly since it seems like we make the same request over and over.

I am picking up some good excuses, however, so it's not all in vain.

But getting back to my aching body....*insert occurrence of old "war wound" from carrying too many heavy babies in pregnancy*...hopefully the right leg will work better tomorrow, after a good night's sleep.

And that means doing something novel, like going to bed before midnight.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home