Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Big College Day of Shoppingness

Another item ticked off the "to do" list :-)

Left at 9:30 and arrived home at 6:30. I think Melinda has pretty much what she needs, though she may go along with me on Monday to our local Goodwill store. They have everything organized by type and color, something from which Waterloo's Goodwill could learn a lesson.

Speaking of which, I perused the books and videos and what did I spy but oodles of VHS's of the Star Trek: Voyager series. Two episodes on a tape, one dollar per tape.

Exercising some of the extremest self-control ever, I only purchased four VHS tapes.

Also acquired, a new, originally $50.00 skirt, for 4 bucks.

Who da Ma? I say...WHO DA MA?!

Melinda was able to find most of the things she needed, and then I introduced her to Panera Bread :-)

I'm tellin' ya, those baguettes make me wanna move to France! Or is it Italy? Either way, it'll never happen, but Ma's can dream, oh yes they can.

I'm pretty sure I can count two miles walking around, so I'm a gonna. Poor little stumps..they were so tired by the time we got to the check-out in Wal-Mart and waited behind a lady with a humungously full cart, separated into 4 different purchase sections.

Got home just in time to help with supper, after which I went out and planted my horticultural "goodies."

I scoured through the local Wal-Mart's perennial plant clearance last Monday and came away with $30.00 worth for 8 bucks!

Whee Doggies, I do love a bargain.

Tomorrow afternoon comes the rain. Normally I would rush around transplanting just before the clouds burst, but I'll be away for much of Friday.

Derek, being in a-fib again, needs another cardioversion, after which he needs a designated driver.

I look on it as a chance to bond with my son over caffeinated pop and oldies music. Well, maybe I'll have mercy on him and play the classical station.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home